Via Dolorosa

Rate this topic

Guest I_am_Jess

Guest I_am_Jess

Has something you have seen in Millennium had a recurring frightening affect on you?

For me it's in Via Dolorosa, when Lucas Barr is in peoples houses and it's all dark and mostly all you can see is his night vision glasses.

Now, whenever I wake up at night I look to the doorway and freak out thinking that I may see the same thing!

:unsure:

I'm going to go for the most obvious, and that's the Polaroids. I idea of someone stalking me and taking pictures really ruffles my feathers. I'm not afraid of the spiritual evils, but man and his evils, I'm terrified.

Mark Twain said it best in his writing called, "The Lowest Animal."

Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.

I had a situation a few days ago, where I was viewed as the potential "stalker." I was waiting for police to arrive in a neighborhood so I could do a community mental health outreach or sorts. The only place where I could wait in my car was in the driveway of a township maintenance garage, which just happened to be across the street from a yard where 5 or 6 high school girls were practicing lacrosse. Needless to say, I got a brief visit from one of the girls' father, asking me the reason for my presence there. My explanation was accepted, and my worklife went on!

Having a house on the market to sell in 2005 gave "Wide Open" a little more of a real feel to me.

I have not been lost in the woods ala Luminary, but there was a time about 25 years ago where I took an "off road" shortcut to get back to a cabin. I got back OK, but it was that time of the evening when it started to get dark, which happened a bit quicker than usual under large trees. I didn't come out of the woods exactly where I planned to, but I was actually close!

By the way, welcome to the forum Jess!

:rock2:

Guest I_am_Jess

IHaveGoodInstincts: Wide Open freaked me out when I watched it - so I could understand that you have had some hesitant feelings selling your house! I know that if/when the situation comes that I am in a position to sell my house, I will be checking every inch of the house after the showing. (And by 'I will' I mean my partner will of course!) :unsure:

Oh and thanks for the welcome! I joined the forum way back in '08, but unfortunately wasn't able to contribute and visit as often as I would have wished. But I am happy to be back! :happy:

Earthnut: Your quote from Mark Twain definitely sums it up for me. I definitely fear the cruelty of man. I am glad I don't understand the reasoning behind it and I believe I would not fair well if I had Frank Black's insight into the mind of evil. :mellow:

Earthnut: Your quote from Mark Twain definitely sums it up for me. I definitely fear the cruelty of man. I am glad I don't understand the reasoning behind it and I believe I would not fair well if I had Frank Black's insight into the mind of evil. :mellow:

Most people wouldn't "fair well" if they had the ability that Frank has. He was even troubled by it, but that's because he didn't completely understand it or the operation of the spirit realm. Frank did have the wisdon to apply his ability, but he just didn't have the knowledge and understanding of it. Yes, he did pursue it to know, and understood more about it as each season progressed, but never understood it completely. Just accepted it and did his best.

The spirit realm cannot influence or hurt you unless you allow it. Usually it's the fear of the unknown that kills people, not the unknown itself. Of course the manifestation of evil in the flesh kills, and that's always through a flesh person submitting themselves over to be used as a vessel. The writers of this show understood this, that's why it's so good. And fantastic acting of course. :whistling::notworthy:

I tend to find myself using slangs, if not goofy slangs, to describe things. "You are what you eat" can describe many things, but exposure to things, whether by choice or by conflict with it can effect us to the point where we take on charactistics that we may not want to take on. Even some of the episodes have the undertone that one can almost become or take on the evil that they are trying to fight against. Millennium did well in showing the importance of having balance in life so that one does not dwell on negativity so much that it swallows them up. The yellow house through most of season 1 was a good example of this balance, or safety zone. These examples vary a bit, but characters like James Horn, Laura Means, and Edward from "The Pest House" seemed to have succumbed to an extent that it took a toll on their lives in varying degrees. I guess it is fair to say it took a toll on Frank after season 2, but our hero was able to pull through. I think Frank had an exceptional perception and knowledge of the evil he fought, which may have helped to protect him more than some of the other "fallen" characters.

:rock2:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks! I'm just trying to follow in Mark's intellectual footsteps. He was quite the "sermonizer" on everything Millenniumistic and I miss that.

Oh how I too miss Mark. It's just so sad that some people don't show up anymore because he retired and is no longer here. He is definitely loved and appreciated.

• 5 years later...
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2011 at 11:46 AM, Earthnut said:

I'm going to go for the most obvious, and that's the Polaroids. I idea of someone stalking me and taking pictures really ruffles my feathers. I'm not afraid of the spiritual evils, but man and his evils, I'm terrified.

Mark Twain said it best in his writing called, "The Lowest Animal."

Mankind certainly has the ability to display extreme cruelty, but I believe what keeps the Universe in balance is it's capacity for good, which is just as strong. The darkness that exists in all of our souls is kept in check by the light. For all the horrors we face, for all the tragedies that play out before us, I have an unwavering faith that the goodness will ultimately win out. Not because we're the highest powered beings in the world ( far from it ) but because we are, warts and all, the human race..and we live, and love and succeed and fail, and deny and accept, and grow. And this is who we are.