What's this about?

• Elders (Admins)

With my super-duper Administrative powers, I've just created my very first forum. wiggle.gif

It's not really that exciting, but it's useful to have some idea how it's done - and better to create a new one rather than risk messing up an existing one.

Next task is to find an image and figure out how to add that, so there might be some changes while I'm playing learning.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could call it an experiment, but I personally like the word "learning." I enjoy learning myself.

So here I am, your guinea pig.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Thank you, Earthnut. You've assured me that, at the very least, I haven't mucked up the settings to the extent that nobody could reply - that would have been mega embarassing.

If anyone else could reply, especially any new members, just to give a wave or post a smilie, that would show that I haven't messed up some of the other settings regarding membership categories and who can view and post.

I love guinea pigs, by the way. We had some lovely ones when the children were young. Though I do recall one of them giving me a warning nip when clearly I wasn't quick enough giving him his favourite snack of dandelion leaves.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Hope others stop by. You did a good job Libby.

I had a pet guinea pig too. His name was "Prince Tobias," or "Toby" for short. He was golden brown, and a real big piggy. I miss him so much.

Now I have a squirrel whose parent or older sibling was killed by a cat. I rarely see the other one, not sure which one was killed. So mine, that I've named "Baby," because I have no clue if it's a boy or a girl, is very tame with me. Baby and I touch noses every time we see each other, and then Baby gets corn, pumpkin seeds, squash seeds, grapes, piece of carrot, or for the first time yesterday, a cherry and a blueberry. Baby knows my voice and even shows up when he/she sees me, and gently eats out of my hand. Baby lives in the roof of the apartment unit and has a big tree next to it. Has it made right now. There are other squirrels in a back yard on the other side of the parking lot, but haven't seen Baby over there yet. It took time and patience to gain Baby's trust and now I have neighbors who are in awe. Love it.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

We had two when we were growing up, Flip, and Heathcliff- Funny thing, I always wanted a pony, right? well, my younger brother aways wanted a dog, so, they got him a guinne pig... The first noise that we heard out of it was this horrible scream... We had opened up the fridge door and it knew there was a carrot in there with its name on it... He named her Flip, dunno why...

When my other brother went away to school, he got another Guinne and I guess named it Heathclif after Heathclif and Cathrine from Wuthering Heights. Well, when he finished school, we got Heathclift (a boy guinne)

Pretty much I was the one who ended up cleaning up the cages

As much as Toby loved carrots, he especially loved the tops, the fresh greens that couldn't get much fresher. He would always eat the top first. He also was never in a cage, I trained him to use a litter box, which he picked up quickly. He would also sleep on the bed with me. If he needed to go in the middle of the night, he would jump over to his box. I miss him so much.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)