Season one review - What happens when you Marathon...

Rate this topic

Guest kath

For our aniversary, my husband gave me the 18 disk set for Millennium. It took almost 3 weeks before I got up the nerve to open it, and another two days after that before I sat down and watched it (well the first 3 disks at least.)

Having seen the show on TV, I know how it ends, and I know who lives and who dies What that allowed me was the chance to watch it and look for things in the background- the clues -

So far, the bad men (and they have been all men so far) have been what you could say were nutty muffins. In time the police would have sorted it out, caught the bad guy, and gone on, or forgotten about it as it went to a cold case.

One of the things I was watching for were the appearance of symbols- and I found it interesting that on the main screen of the dvd is this whirling thing (and when you try to pause it, it goes to the first ep, so getting a screen capture is going to be difficult- but I will try) It occured to me that I had seen something like it before- its an astronomy chart.

The symbols behind the Millennium words don't really appear until later- (the 3rd disk) and they are lingering more.

Britney Tiplady must have been as wiggly as a new puppy in the filming- and ad libbed alot of childish antics. I doubt if her licking the tip of Lance's nose was scripted, or some of her honest grins and giggles.

I found it also interesting that by the second ep that they inserted the possible cause of Jordans special powers- her high temp and the seizures. after that, she seemed to become more sensitive as to what had been happening and the world around her. The dreams about the clowns were pretty disturbing, and I think I remember reading long ago that there were some eps that really did scare the willies out of her (the clowns being one of them) I can't say that for certain- but some one else might remember that as well.

It seemes-- oddly retro - to see a fax machine, and the size of the cell phones! and his computer graphics, OMGosh was it all that primative? I mean, when it came out there were laptops- tell me there were lap tops? there were- because I remember a friend of mine purchasing one that had a whole gig of memory! But the modum, and the dial up- unless they had a separate line, (and he seemed to be on the computer getting emails and faxes a lot) you need a separate line for that. (having done the dialup modum thingy)

I always wondered how in the middle of the night that both Frank and Cathrine could be someplace and where da heck did they put Jordan? let alone Benny the dog who we all know disapeared in favor of Kenny the canary (OMG they killed Kenny - the B******Ds!!)

Watching Millennium is like eating pistashios, you can't just eat one.

That being said, I am going to book mark this post and when I get back into watching them, I will continue the off the cuff review of the odd and strange items that I have picked up, as well as any image information that I can come up with.

I owe I owe, its off to work I go...

Kath

Here's the best place so far for screen shots of both MLM and X-Files. What you want may be there. https://www.chrisnu.com/

Yes, seeing some of the old cells, etc. is strange. It was over 10 years ago since the show was on the air and so much has changed in the world. Think about it, if MLM was so darn good back then, image how good it would be now with all the modern technology. I bet Roedecker had a laptop. flash.gif

Keep a list of things you notice or question. Libby is compiling trivia, etc., and has asked for anything any of us find. The one thing about MLM, things got repeated, like times, and there are always references to something else, which included the creator, writers, producers....... Love it.

The best part of watching the show on DVD is, THERE'S NO COMMERCIALS ! ! ! Yee ha yippee. wiggle.gif

Isn't it amazing how technology changes but the story never does? The other day I was watching a show and when they were trapped,they reached for their cell phones, only there was no signal. If the same show was on twenty five years ago they still would have been trapped,they just wouldn't immediately reached for their cells.I wonder what will change if we get to a point where there is cell phone coverage everywhere?

the frenchman goes on about a plague in the maritime city (seattle) but, he was before his time- the marbuger virus would have been the plague.

Going to look in my encyclipedia for the star map that is at the beginning. If I upload stuff, I will do so to my deviant art web page and link it to save band with.

I have two projects next week, one is to disasemble and then re assemble a display that I am going to convert into a curio cabnet, (should prove to be interesting as I am going to be stensiling on the design after its been painted black so that it looks like a chinese lacquer cabnet)

the other is to work on the book, so, in between I will be watching the show.

or something. 3 days off in one week, won't know what to do with myself!!

kath

Wow, you're right, the Frenchman did speak of a "plague in the maritime city." I totally forgot. Bet it was prophecy of the Marburg.

I have about 12 projects, and have no clue how I am going to finish all of them. They're all time consuming, including finsihing my son's writings to publish and maybe getting around to working on my own book(s). Time really does go by faster when you're older. Yuck.

Ok, Some where, there is a tech laughing his ass off over what I did today.

Remember when I said that I had two projects?? the dis assembly of a display to make into the curio cabnet was one of them

Well... Give a woman a dremmel and she can take apart the world.

getting the display taken apart took longer than I thought because the people making it actually put alot of screws into it to keep it from falling apart under the weight etc. Pain in the duppa. Which wasn't bad enough, but, one of the said screws had its head stripped and the only recourse I had was to wait until I could dig out my dremmel and then shave its little head off to hopefully be able to get the unit apart because there was no way it was going to fit into my car.

nor could I lift it.

Slot A tab B- it was all there. Dremmel directions presume you know what the heck your doing with a drill in the first place,and in the second place, the book was showing way more parts than I had...

But I finally figured it out to discover that shearing it off to the side was going to be impractical

so... I did the next best thing and made a phillips head screw into a regular headded screw and got it out in under 4 min after that.

and then the clean up. ,,

So I drag everything outside that I can get it into the car, 3 pieces, the lid went into the trunk, the display case itself went into the back seat leaving the base...sigh

didn't fit in the front seat. was too tall and too wide, wasn't going to work, dragged it back under the alcove and drove home unloaded the case and then drove back to work where I opened the back door, slid this huge base to the car, proceeded to nick the paint in a few places down to the base metal, and to my dismay, discovered that the back door doesn't swing bloody wide enough...

and I lower the window a bit, and lift and shove and shove and pray that I am not ripping the seat fabric under it, and I have to shove harder... and it begins to rain on me...

Like, its canded camera time.

Did I mention it had spiders underneath?

I finally get it into the car...

and its pouring by now, and I am on the main highway when I hear SWHOOSH SWOOOSHHH... and I realize I have left the window in the back... Down.

One thought after working a 10 hour day with 3 hours sleep and then dealing with this thing

Screw cooking, tonight,,, its drive through with a dessert of a soft serve fudge sundae...

On to what I did after...

I tried to do a screen capture with my computer. Alas, ether the newer DVDs have some thing or its just- being freaky, but I wasnt able to do a screen capture of the opening logo,

However, I was able to pause it and I descovered that several of the symbols behind the MM logo evolve from one symbol to another.

I was able to pick out words as well

MOTHER KILLS HER CHILD?

and

POISON GAS FEAR

I sketched out the symbols, so when I have more energy, I am going to grab my ency and look through them

Kath

gallery_263_218_108532.jpg

WHOOT~

QUAPLAH Ya All~

I have found almost all of the symbols in my encylpedia. When I first asked on the Fox boards I was informed by the person in charge that they were just "random symbols they pulled together"

Horse feathers!

I was able to follow the link and get a copy of the Millenium logo and I will be doing some background erasing to see if I can pull out more of the images, and then upload just the one main one with numbers on the symbols to help point out what is what. Interesting that there are mulitpul meanings for some of them.

Ok, I was able to do some playing with this,and what I did was I placed numbers on one side, and letters on the other. I am going to see how to upload an image to a gallery so that I can link and share it with you.

Btw, this is (tadaaa) my 200 post!!

Kath

I noted, that there are 26 symbols, (some repeating) but in 2 groups of 13 (13- 13)? I am going to have to get back to this as I have to get ready for work, but I will continue the research tonight. If anyone is able to come up with links to other symbols or can say what they are, please post below~ thanks,

Kath

Starting on the left,

A- At this time the symbol is not recognizable, however, other photos may help determine what it is.

B. This one had two different meanings The first being a Papal (Pope) cross, the second being a hobo's symbol for Officer.

C is one that most of us recognize from the movie Charmed. the Triquetra symbol for the Holy Trinity, but adopted anywhere a symbol for three connected items or concepts needs to be indicated.

D no, its not a 3 d box , its a Manji - a Chinese symbol for eternitiy, ( yes it is also the symbol for the swastika, the anchent solar symbol, but in the buddhist belief system it signifuies the balance of the opposing forces, ahrmony, and Dharma, properconduct doing the right thing. It can face both ways. facing to the left and turning clockwise , it signifies love and mercy, to the right it stands for intelegence and strength.

E WORLD TRIAD: Originally an oriental symbol, it was "adopted by western Gnostics as an emblem of cosmic creativity, the threefold nature of reality or fate, and the eternally spiraling cycles of time... In Japan it was maga-tama or mitsu tomoe, the world soul.... In Bhutan and Tibet, it is still known as the Cosmic Mandal, a sign of the Trimurti."<a href="https://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols-monteith.html#5">5 Like the yin yang (below), it also represents eternity. This is also the symbol for U.S. Department of Transportation. Another Gnostic symbol is the "Uroborus" (see symbol above).

F

H

I

J I almost thought this was a Labarum- but its not got the bar across the base, BUT,,, then I went looking into another section,,and in the rune alphabet, it almost looks like IOR, which is Jormungand, the world serpent. Its not though, its got an extra bar at the bottom. It's very close to the astrological symbol for star. From what I have been able to find, in simpler terms, it is a Crossbuck- a warning sign that you would find at a rail road track, was also refered as a greek cross, but I haven't been able to find images that relate to it.

K Ying/ yang symbol, however, the ones I found were on their side...

L Radiation/ warning/ hazard symbol

M

Ohhh Note to self, try to remember where I parked the car, er, placed copies of the symbols that I was able to find. or at least remember to make the note telling me where to find the stuff... hit the jack pot and may have this mystery solved... might even work it into the story that I am writing!

I am adding to this post rather than starting a new one so that I can keep straight which ones were figured out, or not-

on the right, the numbers-

4 Manji again.

7 - This one was another that had two meanings, In alcamy the symbol means a reddish rust from copper- but, in astrology, it is the symbol for the earth- which I am inclined to feel it means. CIRCLE (quartered): The sacred circle filled with a cross, four equal lines pointing from the center to the spirits of the north, east, south, and west -- or to the basic element: earth, water, air (or wind), and fire. In Native American traditions, it forms the basic pattern of the MEDICINE WHEELand plays a vital part in major spiritual rituals. Many contemporary pagans consider it their main symbol for transmitting the energy of the goddess. (Scroll down to sun wheel) Churches have used variations of the same popular shape, usually calling it the Celtic Cross.

10 Ying yang again

11 Radiation warning, danger symbol again.

Here is the original background tile from the Fox website for "Millennium." I don't know if you already have these symbols, but thought it might help in your quest.

gallery_4311_219_2884.gif