What is the episode that left you thinking over and over.......?

Rate this topic

Earthnut

What is the episode that left you thinking over and over, nervous, confused nostalgic, happy, tearful, nightmare, etc.? And why?

My choice is "Luminary." I could watch it over and over again. The messages in the episode, the spirituality, the scenery, the experience of getting away, seeing the light show, the music, everything about it made me want more.

[Television screen. Map of Alaska.]

REPORTER: I saw it, you saw it. What were those crazy lights?

[The TV is on the wall in a hospital waiting area. Frank is standing at the reception desk watching the broadcast.]

REPORTER: Well, we asked the National Observatory and they called it a "near space anomaly". OK. Now, since the astronomers are clueless, I asked a local astrologer [laughter in the TV studio] I know, I know, I know. Here's what she said.

[TV now shows "Neptune" and "Pluto".]

REPORTER: Neptune and Pluto are in Sagittarius, whose nature symbol is a rainbow. So that light show was a quote space rainbow. "The signature of a new covenant." Oooh, doesn't that clear things up.

ALEX: [VO] We are meant to be here. We step from one piece of holy ground to the next under stars that ask …

[starry sky.]

ALEX: [VO] … imagine, for one second, you could drop in on a past life. What would you like to find yourself doing there? What would charm you? Make you proud?

[Lights of a town.]

FRANK: "Ask yourself that. And the question what to do in this life becomes so simple it's terrifying."

[Frank is reading from Alex's journal to Bill and Molly and Catherine/]

FRANK: "Just to do that thing that would charm you. It would make you say: yes, it's the real me. Do that, and you're alive. Alex Ventoux."

BILL: All right, what does that mean?

[Frank closes the journal and holds it out to his parents. Molly shakes her head. He puts it down on the table.]

FRANK: Over five hundred years ago, a man named Petrarch climbed a mountain just to see the view. It was a new kind of thinking, it became the beginning of the Renaissance. The name of that mountain was Ventoux.

I was going to say The Judge since it always seems to reveal something new each time I watch it. But if I was to think about it, I guess Owls and Roosters had me thinking about the factions in the Group. I really liked the Millennium Group and when it all seemed to fall apart and an evil side started to appear that didn't sit well with me.

My hubby got me the MM 18 dvd set for our aniversary.so, pretty much since august 18th I have been watching them (skipping a few beause I wanted to get through the second season to get to barry Baldwin.

I watched the last DVD today, and I was happy to find they had added the X files ep for the Millennium. I took the time and watched the interviews, and because I had watched so many of them in such a short space of time, maybe things began to make sense. It was interesting to learn about the group that had inspired the show, and how they are retired FBI people who say they are working to make this a better place for us to live. Ironicly, they said "we didn't have the audiance that they wanted but, we kept the audiance that we had..." in retrospect, the shows numbers were consistant, they didnt understand why it seemed to die, but I know- The network kept shifting the show - preempting half of it, and pushing it back later , or earlier, with no reason. The schedules for the show never were correct- How do you keep an audiance with that? some how, we clung on, we survived. More than 10 years later, we are still here , buying the dvds, the merchandise, still writing our stories and having some hope of faith that maybe, a movie? But for the end, at least in the x files show, there was some closure for us. We were able to see Frank and Jordan together, We know that Frank, by giving up helping people with his gift, was able to keep his daugter. Ironic as well, it was what the guy told him to do in the attic, - do nothing, and you have your life with your daugter and your wife.

In watching "goodby to all that" I looked at the shoes that we saw in Peter Watts's study. - the blood beneath the body. While the show never said it was him right out, if you look in a previous scene, he wore shoes much like what were seen.

Will have to rewatch, pause, repeat until I know.

Bob if your there, now is the time...

Thanks for the walk down "Luminary" lane! Yes, that's one of my favorites, too. It's almost a personal montra.

But, as for one that gets me thinking..... One that leaves me wondering..... I may have to say Covenant. Why? Because if's left so open ended. Frank tries to talk sense into the guy, makes a very good point, and then he has to leave. So, I always wondered, did William Garry ever decide to tell the truth, and save his own life?

• 1 month later...
Guest soylentgreenspeople

On episode that always seems to be re-watched by me is "goodbye to all that." I always watch it over and over thinking that i will finally find out the fate of Frank and Jordan.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the last episode, "Goodbye To All That" really was closer for the series. It left their future wide open for them, and to maybe be happy again.

Then we fans come along and want a movie to bring him back solving murders, etc., and of course the fan movie having Jordan confronted by the group. Oh well. That's entertainment.