What food would you bring to a physical Bucksnort Bash?

Rate this topic

Earthnut

My kids would never forgive me if I didn't make my famous cheese-stuffed chili (Anaheim) peppers, and either my Dark Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cake or my Mississippi Mud (Chocolate brownie, marshmellow and fudge frosting). There's a number of other items, like my Deviled Eggs that would have to be made, time permitting, along with my famous Pepperoni Dip, Spinach/Artichoke/Cheese Dip, and my dessert dip for fruit. I also make some mean Rum Balls, and for those of you who don't like chocolate cake, I would make one of my all-time favorites, Millionaire Cake.

I am now officially hungry. Anyone want a copy of any or all recipes, let me know and I will post them or send them in a PM.

Hoho's and twinkeys-

The one time I met a bunch of MM people, I brought this 7 chocolate cake that - well,

use butter, to grease the jellyroll pan, then dust with baking coco,

mix chocolate cake batter, and reduce water by 3 tablespoons, subsitute hersheys sryup.

pour into jellyroll pan and bake until done

turn out onto pastry cloth that has been dusted with the milk coco mix and roll up in cloth, then unroll.

Place 1/2 jar of chopped marachino cherries (drained) with 1/2 tub (about 8 oz) of chocolate coolwhip and ice the top, then re roll cake and wrap with parchment paper, and then pastry cloth (freeze for 12 hours min.)

the day of serving- remove from freezer and sprinkle 1/2 cup of rum (or more) over cake to re hyrdrate.

Mix 1/2 tub of chocolate coolwhip with dry fudge icing.

ice cake, then roll in your fav M&Ms.

You may also cut a section off at an angle, and attach it & garnish with peppermint leaves and red hots for a traditional yule log. Just dont light it....

serves 12, unless you take it to class and the nuns get ahold of it, then it serves 2...

I think a good smoked bbq with ribs would be appropriate, We really didn't see them eating alot, (jordan did have a birthday cake once, we saw coffee cups, and lance was forever chewing the nicorette gum.

I did see a rather bizzar jello recipe called Babydoll Jello- you disasemble a new babydoll and wash it, then drop the parts into a punch bowl followed by the jello in different layers. that was - totally- freaky.

As for food food- My hubbys lazagnia.. Once he gets cooking it, the neighbors are lined up outside with their plates.

Me? I am the chili type, the secret being soak the dry beans for 2 days, then cook them for 20 min in the microwave before adding the fresh tomatos into the crock pot with 2 cups rice, and all the other stuff then chunks of meat and a layer of tomatos and sauce and seasoning then cook the thing to death. the rice breaks up and you can't tell that it is rice, it taists like there is ground meat in it- the rice and beans make a compleat amino acid chain. Serve over taco chips and top with grated chedder chease- all 4 food groups makes it the perfect food.

mmmmm

there is a dip that you use ether chile or salsa, and cube up velveta cheese and melt it in the microwave- mmm

my niece does this bread bowl thing cuts out the center and cubes it up, then takes veggie soup mix (dry) and mixes it with sour cream and lets set over night. it was pretty straight forward , and was wonderful.

I am a french onion/ sour cream person myself- though the girl I work with has this recipe that she soaks potato weggies in olive oil and some seasonings overnight and then crumbles up doretos and breads them with it, and the bakes them. they looked scrumptious. she doesn't follow recipes, she just makes up what comes into her head then takes photos of it. Told her she should write a cook book, she just laughed and said she never followed them anyway.

BEER----->I have a California Avacado dip that is absolutely awesome. When you read the recipe it doesn't sound good, but when it's put together, oh my. Just for you I will make this recipe and the regular yummy guacamole.

BELCH

Kath, the dip you are referring to is with salsa. It's a very popular one here in Okie Land. I too love French Onion and sour cream dip. Often make it with either dry salad dressing or dry soup. The potato weggies are probably seasoned with dry dressing. Italian makes delicious potatoes.