What food would you bring to a physical Bucksnort Bash?

Rate this topic

Earthnut

• Elders (Moderators)

Mouth-watering ideas here - and some I'm not overly familiar with. I had to google guacamole icon_redface.gif - sounds delicious.

We Brits are renowned for our bland foods, but we are doing better. There are adverts on telly for exotic things such as tortillas (with serving suggestions, otherwise we wouldn't know what to do with them!). But I do live in a fairly old-fashioned/conservative type of area, so we don't have the social mix that would bring in a more varied cuisine.

I do like hog roast, though.

Guacamole and avacados are a Mexican and South Western enjoyment. I don't think avacados could grow there, but I'm definitely not the one to ask. A person either likes avacados or they don't, you rarely ever see anyone inbetween.

Speaking of tortillas, there's a finger food made with them that is so good. It's salsa and cream cheese spread on a tortilla, rolled up and then sliced. It's a great party food, and LIbby, I bet you would like it.

I had a friend from California that ate avocados as a sandwich. Some times he would add a slice of chicken. I never did try it. I do like it in a salad.

Around here there are a lot of Cuban restaurants and stores so we eat Cuban food a few times a month. When I lived in Texas it was Cajun and Mexican.

Well, I do have one very special kind of cookie I tend to make only at Christmas, so I think I'd probably do that for this. My special Christmas cookies are a combination of oakmeal cookie, peanut butter cookie, and chocolate chip cookie, all rolled into one!!!!

If we're talking sweets, I've had compliments on my fudge, too!

As for NON sweets.... (I know, how boring!).... I'll do deviled eggs, done with crumbled up bacon in them, and chicken fingers!!!!