What liquid refreshment would you bring to a physical Bucksnort Bash?

Rate this topic

Earthnut

What liquid refreshment would you bring to a physical Bucksnort Bash?

Depending upon what I'm in the mood for, I would have to bring both wine and rum (home-made Mojitos).

I would definitely, for sure, make my famous, addictive, punch. It has just a hint of almond in it that makes you want another glass, and another, and another. Trust me, it's addictive.

Not much of a drinker anymore, but I suppose some Bud would be a necessity. Although if Darlene's punch is so addictive, everyone would be wasted before I'd even get there so my beers would be rather useless. grinning.gif

heres my thing, I am not one to drink much besides tea. Soda sometimes, but , tea is the best. Its been ages since I have had to attend a party, and most often for that, they are dry.

I am not a coffee drinker, but- there are certain combinations of coffee I can't get enough of.

the first being take 1/4th teaspoon instant coffee. Mix with 2 teaspoons of coco and 2 oz of milk. Boil hot water and place mixture in mug, stir. Sprinkle cinnomon on top. very addicitve.

they just came out with this caramel vanilla cappachino- also, addictive.

My absolute favorite party punch though is pretty simple.

kaths Rootbeer floats.

4 tablespoons vanilla extract.

1 -2 L bottle of really really good rootbeer.

1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream (with the vanilla bean in it)

place rootbeer in punch bowl. Add vanilla extract.

Scoup 2-3 small scoops of ice cream into glass. Using ladle, slowly pour the rootbeer over the ice cream. Serve with spoon, and napkin.mmmm

You can do the same with a nice gingerale and sherbert as well for the holidays, or, get the candied fruit, soak it in whiskey for 2 days, pour off extra whiskey and reserve. Get your favorite light soda, (the flavored gingerales work good. Mix fruit and gingerale and place in round jello mold- freeze. mix regular gingerale with the whiskey that was drawn off of fruit and add 1 cup to 2 L of soda. Place in punch bowl, float ring in it to chill, and garnish mmmm.

if your going to do it, do fancy.

Kath

• Elders (Moderators)

I've never tasted rootbeer - we don't have that over here in the UK. I've tried iced tea, but that has sweeteners and I don't have sugar in hot tea, so it tasted a bit strange.

I do like wine, but only white, as red gives me a headache. My latest favourite, though, is Schweppes Indian tonic water. It has a smidgeon of quinine in it which gives it a bit of "bite".

Oh my gosh Libby, you poor thing, you've never had root beer? My heart goes out to you. I am now offically in the mood for a root beer float. Yippee, I have vanilla ice cream and found a can of Shasta Root Beer in the frig. I am a happy camper.

Red wine has to be sipped and savored. Anyone can get a headache from it if they drink it too fast. But it is good for you. It warms the blood and helps to prevent it from clotting.

Quinine?? w00t2.gif

I've never tasted rootbeer - we don't have that over here in the UK. I've tried iced tea, but that has sweeteners and I don't have sugar in hot tea, so it tasted a bit strange.

I do like wine, but only white, as red gives me a headache. My latest favourite, though, is Schweppes Indian tonic water. It has a smidgeon of quinine in it which gives it a bit of "bite".

>

BEER----> That is a shame. A long time ago root beer was caled sasperilla (sp?) here. We even have 'Drive-In' restaurants called "A&W Rootbeer". Hell give your address and I'll send you some. Ya goota put it in a large glass with some vanilla ice cream.

BELCH