TV/Movies/Books - Likes/Dislikes?

Rate this topic

Libby

Guest Sidewinder

I'd heard good reports about "Breaking Bad", but I couldn't really get past the premise - I mean, how unrealistic. But then I did watch all nine seasons of a show about two FBI agents investigating the paranormal and all three seasons of a show about a serial killer investigator who sees what the killer sees. I should have more respect for Vince Gilligan's talent. The first two seasons are available on amazon uk, so I've added those to my wish list.

If you like well writen human drama with some dark humour, if you enjoy shows like the famous HBO-drama "Sopranos" or "The Shield" there is a good chance you'll love "Breaking Bad". I've seen only the first two season and it needed a few eps to really grap me. But it's a top tv-show, one of the best still airing. Extraordinary acting. And I don't even like drug-stories in movies or tv! :-)

BEER----> Yes 'Breaking Bad' is a great show. IMO, it'she best one on TV right now. There are just 2 episodes left this season. The last 3 eps have kept me glued to my seat. The acting is incredible and only topped by the writing.

BELCH

• 4 years later...

what movies are people looking forward to this coming year .  for me , there are a few MUST see .  'Alice Through the Looking Glass [May 27] ' Finding Dory [June 17]  ' The Secret Life of Pets ' [July 8 ] '  Star Trek Beyond ' [July 22] ' Jason Borne ' [July 29] ' Mechanic 2 [Jason Statham - August 26]     ' Inferno ' [ Tom Hanks - October 14] ' Doctor Strange ' [Nov.4 ] ' Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them ' [Nov.18]  ' Rogue One - Star Wars ' [ Dec. 16] ' .   There are few more on the MAYBE list . 

All of the above plus the new Independence Day (June 24)The Huntsman: Winter's War (April 22), Snowden (May 13), The BFG (July 1), The Legend of Tarzan (July 1), Ice Age: Collision Course (July 22), Pete's Dragon (August 12), and Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (Oct 21), 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I head a lot of positive things about "Breaking Bad," a favorite of my son-in-law, but you think "Better Call Saul" is better?  He's in the military and out of the country at present, so he probably hasn't even seen an ad for B C S.  Guess I need to get it for him.  Thanks for the heads up Gotham Gal.  :22:

23 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

Earthnut, BB was very good, though I always had a bit of difficulty with the underlying premise.  Better Call Saul doesn't have that problem.  :26:

Then I have no doubts that my son-in law will love it.