Frank Black Must Die

Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

Guest Blueboy

All things, all people, come to their end. For over ten years now readers of these forums have whined, pleaded, begged, cajoled and otherwise groveled to bring back Millennium. And guess what? It aint happened. So lets just let poor Frank go, off to his retirement home in Florida, getting a call every month or so from his daughter, and lamenting about the disappointment of living on Social Security (while it lasts).

Yes, it is time to put Frank to his well deserved rest, along with all the great characters of fictional television, from Napoleon Solo and Illya Kuryakin, Morticia and Gomez Addams all the way up to Commander Adama. May they all rest in peace. They brought us joy. They brought us entertainment and intrigue, and its only right, that now, we send them to their just reward. Adios, Frank, and God Bless.

I like the way they presented him in the fan movie, missing, and Jordan being confronted by, or involved with, the group, and of course, developing her ability. I picture Frank on a private island basking in the sun, yet still in touch with someone to keep him posted on Jordan. I look forward to the second movie that is in production now.

I typed in "Watch Millennium Apocalypse Online" and got a number of sites that advertise the movie, but I'm not familiar with any of them. The older link that I have that let you watch it for free no longer has it available. Our own Erin McRaven (Raven Wolf) is in it.

Once you've seen the first one then you will be ready to watch the second one that is in production now.

• Elders (Admins)

All things, all people, come to their end. For over ten years now readers of these forums have whined, pleaded, begged, cajoled and otherwise groveled to bring back Millennium. And guess what? It aint happened. So lets just let poor Frank go...

I have to say I totally agree now. I have expressed this a number of times, I think the campaign had a small window to bring Frank black and now its gone by.

Dust off the box sets and enjoy the show for what it was and continues to be, and let the show, Frank and the all the great characters maintain their dignity.

Blueboy, on 04 October 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

All things, all people, come to their end. For over ten years now readers of these forums have whined, pleaded, begged, cajoled and otherwise groveled to bring back Millennium. And guess what? It aint happened. So lets just let poor Frank go...

I have to say I totally agree now. I have expressed this a number of times, I think the campaign had a small window to bring Frank black and now its gone by.

Dust off the box sets and enjoy the show for what it was and continues to be, and let the show, Frank and the all the great characters maintain their dignity.

Couldn't have said it better myself, excellent way of wording it, "maintain their dignity." notworthy.gif

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

I also agree. The show was something very special and, I think, did fit in with the times back then. I don't keep up with the latest movies, so I'm not sure what movie-goers are looking for, but I'd guess that they'd want their scares from the ultra-supernatural, such as vampires, rather than the real-life aspects of serial killers.

I never thought there was a chance for a movie, but that was on the basis of the business case. Lance is still more likely to be remembered as Bishop by movie audiences rather than Frank Black in MM so selling the idea of a MM movie is almost like trying to sell to the wrong audience.

But also, despite Lance's endorsement of the campaign, I've never been sure about how willing he'd really be to revisiting Frank Black. From what he's said in the past, that was a very intense time for him.