Frank Black Must Die

Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

• Elders (Admins)

"In my mind Frank doesn't age. He is still where we left off..."

That's how I like to think of the characters from Millennium too!

I'm sure that some will branded me a naysayer, but I don't really care. Millennium will soon be 15 years old, and the time is no longer near.

For me you can keep the suggestion of comics and any daft notions or implausible reasons for suddenly bringing Frank out of retirement, they really wouldn't work and the careers of the various detectives and Group members in the show that we know and love would be retired. You can also keep any notions of reboots and next generations, they just wouldn't be the same, so leave the show as it is. Gone but never forgotten. It was a cinema movie or nothing for me I'm afraid. I'd much rather see a remastered hi definition release with plenty of extras and interviews.

Guest thadarkside

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. No problem with that at all. You don't have to agree with what we are doing. Indeed, the show is 15 years old. Someone stated that they didn't know if there was an audience for a film like Millennium, that person as they said apparently doesn't keep up with what is going on with film and TV today, I on the other hand do and it is the perfect climate for such a film or TV movie. We have no problem will stopping the campaign, we said that from day one. We said the moment Lance tells us there is no chance of it happening, then we will stop. You all seem to forget, THE CAST is who initially got this campaign going. The show will always have dignity whether there is a campaign or not. I guess Sarah Jane Redmond, Lance, Thom Wright, Klea Scott, Kristen Cloke and many others who have publicly said they would like to see a movie or TV event are also taking away a bit of the show's dignity. Hell, both Carer and Spotnitz would like to do a Millennium project. It's funny how quickly people can lose faith and turn their back on something they supposedly supported in the beginning.

We'll keep plugging along, whether we have full support or not from all the Millennium fans. There is a big section out there that wants us to continue and we will. If/when the movie or TV film happens, let's see how many jump back on the bandwagon.

I don't believe it's a matter of losing faith or turning backs, I believe there's a spark of hope in all of us that Frank will be brought back someday, and that after so many years it's only natural that people would get discouraged because it hasn't happened yet. ALL OF US throughout the years have done a lot of campaigning to brink him back, and speaking for myself, I am very thankful for everyone's contribution. Naturally, some have worked harder at it then others, but I am SURE everyone did what they could with the time the had. The very fact that there are still so many fans must say something, and they're on multiple sites. We're all on the same side, we all want the same thing, Frank Black, and we need to strengthen and encourage one another. There has been talk about a movie for years now, and here's hoping that the talking has stopped and the walking has started.

Guest Blueboy

You would have a better chance of .......

walkin' to New Orleans

I'm walkin' to New Orleans

I'm going to need two pair of shoes

When I get through walkin' me blues

When I get back to New Orleans

I've got my suitcase in my hand

Now, ain't that a shame

I'm leavin' here today

Yes, I'm goin' back home to stay

Yes, I'm walkin' to New Orleans

You used to be my honey

Till you spent all my money

No use for you to cry

I'll see you bye and bye

'Cause I'm walkin' to New Orleans

I've got no time for talkin'

I've got to keep on walkin'

New Orleans is my home

That's the reason while I'm gone

Yes, I'm walkin' to New Orleans

Amen 'Fats'.

Wow, thanks for posting the lyrics to Fat's song and so fitting with what I said. Love it.

I got to meet Fats in Vegas a long time ago in my single years. He was a lot of fun and so loaded down with jewelry that he was like a walking blow torch.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

I like the idea of keeping Frank in our memories as he looked 12 years ago, even though he still looks good now.

I am anti-ageism (obviously!) but Hollywood isn't. Lance hasn't really had a high profile in movie-land, and although he's fit and healthy and still good-looking, the Hollywood bean-counters would likely factor in his age in terms of the marketability of a theatrical movie where, by default, he'd be the lead actor.

David Duchovny hasn't had much success with movies since X-Files, and in bean-counter terms he would be more marketable than Lance. And I hope I can say here that I consider Lance to be the more versatile actor without setting off a slew of complaints!

I know I'm focussing on the business case – but what would a potential movie be titled? "Millennium" wouldn't really work anymore, neither would any variation on "Frank Black" as so few movie-goers would recognise that name.

And then there needs to be factored in 20th Fox's attitude. I could be wrong here, but I have the feeling that they like to hold on to their property. I wouldn't be optimistic about them consenting to hand over to someone else to make a TV or straight-to-DVD movie, which they'd have to as they almost certainly wouldn't want to fund that themselves. Going from a three-season TV show to a TV or DVD movie is often seen as a downgrade, which I don't think 20th Fox would want in terms of their reputation/collective egos.

• Like 1

There is a whole lot of would be movie goers that would have little or no remembrance of Millennium unless they watched Chiller here in the U.S. That's not to say that a movie with similar themes and reintroduced Frank Black as a character wouldn't work. I'm sure if Frank was in it even as a supporting role it would still have that Millennium feel. Either way I'm all for more Millennium or X Files.