Frank Black Must Die

Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

I would watch a Millennium film or even a new TV series. The show still is one of my favorite shows and I plan on re-watching the show soon because I think it will hold as a stronger series than say Criminal Minds for instance (which I like, but it just doesn't hold onto me like Millennium did).

• 1 month later...

It does seem like after a certain number of years, more of a reimagining, rather than a sequel, might be more likely.

Then again, I have heard rumblings of a Battlestar Galactica Movie based on the original TV show, so it's nice to think that all options may be open. I have seen from nice DVD sets with loads of commentary which I love, but I would like to see that more can come out of Millennium.

rock2.gif

• 1 year later...
Guest Sinestro

I always thought that they should do a 4 or 6 part miniseries on Fox or FX to tie up all the loose ends and if there was enough interest and Lance would come back, do an 8-16 episode season for 2 or 3 years on FX or heck even AMC.

• 5 months later...

I am a little sad to read this... I know I have been away for a while. Life happens. But lets not forget that the main reason we got this in the first place was that Fox had faith in Chris Carter. At that time no one had heard of our Frank Black (wasn't Frank Black the frontman for the Pixies?). It is also not valid to say that because the year 2000 is so far gone that the premise is no longer workable. The number one grossing movie of all time (adjusted for inflation) is Gone with the Wind, certainly a period piece. The number two grossing movie of all time without that adjustment is Titanic, a period piece where we walked in knowing the major plot points already! Spoiler alert... The ship sinks and lots of people die!

This film STILL has the support of many directly involved in it. The number of stories is nearly infinite. There is already a small but rabid fan base. There is lots of name recognition, and the themes are not irrelevant in the least. There is at least one fan that believes this project can be good for the old fans, good for new fans and very commercially viable. I for one am going to tell you "It is still the dark of night." and leave it at that.