Game of Thrones

I have watched season one of "Game of Thrones," and even though I am not a big fan of bloody movies, this production is absolutely awesome, and yes, there are parts where I turned away. Having said that, I still so look forward to season two. At first I didn't think I would like the series, but once I started I was hooked.

Some of the main characters in season one are Lena Headey, Jack Gleeson, Sean Bean, Michelle Fairley, Emilia Clarke, Ian Glen, Sophie Turner, Jason Momoa, and the list goes on and on. Here's the link to IMDB for more information. I thought Jason Momoa was awesome in Stargate: Atlantis, but he is exceptional in this. I look forward to seeing him in Conan the Barbarian. He is so perfect for those parts.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This show is fantastic. I can't wait to see season 2. I did acquire the first two books from a library for sale shelf. The second season is adapting the second book.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

David, I haven't read any of the books and probably won't for quite some time. I have 3 I'm reading now and a ga-zillion waiting for me. Just out of curiosity, is the reading smooth or very technical and possibly confusing? I have to underline in red the character's names the first and/or second time they are mentions, so if I forget who is who, then it's easier to go back and refresh my memory.

Very disappointed how season 1 ended. Don't want to ruin it for anyone, so I will use a spoiler.

I was so disappointed to see Jason Momoa and Sean Bean die and know that they won't be back for season 2. Their characters were fantastice and their acting was unbelievable.

I too am excited about season 2, especially because of the dragons. They say production for season 2 started at the same time of year that it did for season 1, so we can plan on season 2 airing around March or April. Sure seems like a long wait, but hey, it's already going on November. Time really does fly by.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I haven't read the books (plus I have million books to read myself including 4 books I haven't finished reading). The characters who died in the show died in the books (that I know). I hear some people had issues with book 4 which focused more on some of the minor characters as compared to some of the major characters (still fans have complained about the long wait between book 4 and 5 until book 5 came out this year).

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon my ignorance, but where's t-225? Have I missed something in the story somewhere?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Bean and Momoa's characters dying at the end of the season was a shocking end of the season, especially for those of us who have not read the books and know nothing of the story. Their characters went beyond excellent.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 years later...

For those of you who are fans and watch this show, I thought you might be interested in this article.

Helen Sloan/courtesy of HBO

"Game of Thrones" was just nominated for 19 Emmys and it's not difficult to see why.

The HBO series is now the most-watched show in the network's history. It recently surpassed "The Sopranos" with an average of 18.4 million viewers per episode. However, there was a time the creators of the show feared the series may not come together..............

Here's the link to the entire article with pictures.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-creators-made-bunch-124000351.html

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

been so tied up with other things, but this weekend, under the super full moon will watch season #4 !

You will be glad you did. Awesome, as usual.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)