• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EARTH----> Hi BEER----> Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to seeing it. BELCH

NUT wiggle.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I went to IMDB and it states that theres the 2011, and the original in 1982. The only other "Thing" I could find was "The Thing from another world" in 1951. Never heard of that one. Beer I too thought there were three. In 2009 they were going to make a film similiar but with a different name, "Army of the Dead," and from what I read it was cancelled before production started. Wonder if that's the third you were thinking of.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

BEER----> As I understand, 'The Thing' by John Carpenter was his remake of 'The Thing from another World' and staring as 'The Thing' was James Arness of 'Gunsmoke' fame. So the one out now, I believe, is the third film. "Who Goes There?"

BELCH

EARTH----> "Who Goes There?" is a new one to me.

Hope the new "The Thing" is as good as they are saying. We will see. T everyone, I trust beer----> belch's opinion more then I do the critics.

NUT

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Moderators)

"The Thing from Another World" from 1951 was the first "Thing"-Film. Carpenter´s Film was a Remake of that one, but both films based on the short story "Who goes there?", that´s not a movie, just a short story. That said, Carpenter´s version was much more true to the short story than the 1951-Movie. So, the new movie is half prequel, as it shows the happenings before Carpenter´s movie sets in, and half remake, since it pays much tribute to Carpenter´s movie.

"We worry...we wait...who´s gonna see a different future?"
Frank Black

"Are you aware how often you use negative associated words?"
"No, I don´t neither."

Jose Chung´s Doomsday Defense

just saw ' Thing from another world' on tv. the first time I saw it I was just a kid and had nightmares for many nights. never saw the Kirt Russell version. would see this version if getting out was easier.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!