XFL Exclusive interview with Glen Morgan, and Mark Snow!

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I realize I've been lax with new updates here, I was curbing them due to how that many threads had been created in the past. I never had the chance to post a notice about our last interview with Mark Snow, so I am playing catch-up.

We are pleased and proud to give you our Exclusive Interview with none other than writer Glen Morgan.

Where we mostly discuss The X-Files, but there's a couple of Millennium questions in there, as well his feature film work, and a great story about Thomas J. Wright, and someone from this site got their question answered!

Our interview with Mark Snow, from several months back. There's really only question about the Millennium score, but I think you'll find it interesting, in case you missed it.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Congratulations on getting this interview with Glen Morgan. I think it's probably the most interesting interview with him I've read. I've only quickly skimmed through it to pick up on the 1013 aspects, but there are couple of related things that stand out for me. It's interesting to get a glimpse of how the whole process is different, depending on which side of the TV screen you are. Often, fans of whatever show expect everyone involved in making that show to have the same focus as they do, especially on the minutiae. But for a writer/director/just-about-every-other-category, it's a laborious process leading up to a frantic process of meeting that deadline - then it's job done, move on to the next one. The memories for people like Glen Morgan are going to be different from the fans, but it was good to read about his memories of working on 1013 shows and I did get the impression that it was mostly a blast for him and Jim Wong and also Darin Morgan.

One of your footnotes did explain something I'd never understood until now. Kim Manners was such an amazing director on XF, so I couldn't understand why CC was reluctant to have him on board. But if people like Kim Manners hadn't previously been given the opportunity to do amazing things, their talent doesn't shine. Thankfully, CC did eventually give that opportunity to Kim Manner and others.