DVD making off ?

Rate this topic

Timeisnear

Please can somebody help me find just for the watch, i dont need to download, Millennium making off? I was watched first season making of from a dvd, but in my country, here is no copy anywhere, i want to watch 2 and 3 season documents but on youtube is no such a thing, of course they have all 9 The x files, but thats it. I really want to know what is about these ideas, can somebody send me a link on that please?

• Elders (Moderators)

Do you mean the extra bits on the DVDs, called "The Making of Season Two" and "The Making of Season Three"?

If so, I do have a transcript of those, which might be helpful to you as I know those didn't have subtitled/language options. I need to check if they are available on our main website (and, if not, I will add them).

If those are the extras you are seeking, then I can also see if I can extract them from my DVDs and make them available to you. We do have a policy here of being very careful about copyright issues, but I think that the DVD extras are in a different category from episodes as being informative/educational.

Exactly, The making of seasons parts, from a dvd, dont worry about subtitles, they are helpful for sure, but i was doing translations for three episodes in our language, im just fine even without them... I know about dvd policy, what i can have in original format i have, but we are not much strong in distribution, i just have sometimes improvise, but as you said, documents are usually taking more lightly, becaouse its kind of "commercial" in own way, i just cant find them, thats all, well if you can provide me a link on any version of download or just channel, i will be more then happy, this series has really big influence on me and i just want see how they do it, and i need to know how was for example Lance reacting on death of Cathrine, which was for me most emotional scene in tv history....

• Elders (Moderators)

I've put the transcripts into the "Season Discussion" areas (apologies for the formatting):

I have extracted these from my DVDs, but I'm having difficulty with uploading them somewhere so that you can then download them. That may be because my ISP restricts some kinds of internet activity at peak hours (which is in the evenings for ordinary customers), so I'll try again tomorrow during the day and see if that works better.

As usual, Libby comes through again. clapping.gif Thanks girlfriend. I had no clue that it was the making of the episodes. I have them too.

Libby, what program do you use to extract? I do a lot of downloading, etc. Just curious. I use DVDFab8 and ConvertXtoDVD.

• Elders (Moderators)

Earthnut - I probably picked up that it was the "Making Of" because I'd transcribed them. Some things just kind of get stuck in my memory - though some other things seem to fall out for inexplicable reasons. For instance, I'd completely forgotten what I'd used before for extracting from DVDs, so I just googled and downloaded WinXDVDRipper.

TimeIsNear - I've tried uploading to YouTube and it got all the way to the end, and then told me the video was too long. So, we'll have to find a different way. The file sizes are 402MB and 480MB. I can upload these somewhere as complete files, or split them into .rar files if that would be easier for you. Do you have a suggestion about where to upload them? I have used Megaupload before, but maybe you can suggest somewhere better for you.

TimeIsNear, do you not have the series on DVD? Maybe I could copy the disc with the "Making of" and just mail it to you. How does that sound. Unless of course you have a program like ConvertXtoDVD were you can download it as an .avi file and then convert it. That's what i do for a lot of movies, etc. Since .avi is compressed so it's smaller, just like .rar. RapidShare is another place. So, if we can't get it uploaded for you to download, then PM me with your address.

Libby, I will check out the WinXDVDRipper program. Hey, what's one more program? I have heard of it but never used it. What all does it do?

• Elders (Moderators)

Earthnut: "What's one more program?" Every time I've replaced my computer I've had to go through all my programs and decide which ones I want to install on the new one. Which means figuring out what they actually do (because I've forgotten) and whether they are useful (because I've forgotten), and then either whence I've downloaded them (because...) or whether I have a CD (which...). My son is usually very helpful on those occasions, but I think it's also because it gives him the opportunity to snigger. ;)

Timeisnear: Whatever it takes, we will get those documentaries to you. This Is Who We Are.