Midnight of the Century 2010 Celebration Revisited

Rate this topic

Last year the Blackcoats put together a wonderful holiday celebration. Let's revisit their contribution, and if anyone has anything to add, please feel free to share it with us.

Thank you again to everyone who did contribute.

Here's the link to the main page, "TIWWA Blackcoats Present: Midnight of the Century."

https://www.millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/forum/327-the-midnight-of-the-century/

May everyone that celebrates Christmas have a wonderful day, and may you all have a new year filled with love and joy.

Guest Charger

Happy Holidays to the Millennium family!

I'm not a big fan of christmas myself...just kind of get pretty depressed this time of year... angry.png feeling lonely and such... but still this is the time to eat and drink so those I shall do!

Naturally tonight I have to watch The Midnight Of The Century again as usual...one of those christmas traditions that I never miss!

christmas8lh8.gifchristmas3ds0.gif

• Elders (Moderators)

Charger - I think there are a lot of people who don't enjoy Christmas, for loads of different reasons. I think TV commercials don't help - we're all supposed to be happily sharing the day(s) with lots of family and friends (plus, of course, all the products that the advertisers want us to buy). But that's not the reality for very many people, and then Christmas Day becomes a disappointment rather than a celebration, but we're not supposed to say that, are we?

But, eating and drinking is what this time of year originally was about - a few days around the winter solstice to have a good feed during the long winter months to bolster people's health for the run down to the spring.

Walkabout - this has been the only year in the lifetime of this forum where I wouldn't want a review of "this year on TIWWA". It has been a tough year both for the community and for individuals. But we're still here, and for as long as we keep going it'll be a place for us to keep talking, and for those MIA to come back to.

This forum goes beyond just the TV series and everyone here being fans. We have made friends here, and for some, they are considered family. Randee and I are sisters now, and it was Mark that originally gave us the "Sister Angels" title, last year, which brought us even closer. Even though Mark is retired, who knows, he might get to missing us and come back. He sure is missed as well as many others. I understand that people move on, but we can still hope that they return every once in awhile and stop by to say hi. They are truly missed, but many are on Facebook, and we can still keep in touch. Thank God.

Generally speaking, Jesus is not the reason for the season, it is more of celebration of the harvest of the year. Christmas is a time for being with family and giving, and it doesn't matter whether you believe in the birth of Christ or not. Unfortunately, some take the giving too far and get into a big debt with their spending, as well as the merchants making a big profit during the holidays. My kids agree, that it's all about making the time to be together with family and loved ones, especially considering throughout the year we so seldom do make the time. There's always so much going on. Also, Jesus wasn't born on December 25th, shepherds aren't out in the field with the sheep in the middle of winter. Chronologically speaking, Jesus was born in August. And, it was 2 years before the wise men showed up. I personally celebrate Christ's birth every day, because I know somewhere in the world, every day, someone is on their knees accepting God into their life.

May you all have a blessed weekend, and specifically tomorrow, however you celebrate it. Love and huggers all around.

Andrew, I totally agree, sometimes we have to do what we feel in our heart and trust that it is the right thing to do, and definitely not go by how we feel. Our soul realm of feelings and emotions can deceive us.