The Miscellaneous Thread

• Elders (Admins)

Meanwhile, here in the UK we've had three days of summer. As is typical: day 1 was scorching hot; day 2 was hot, muggy, and thundery; day 3 is overcast and muggy. Tomorrow, which would have been day 4, we're getting cooler temperatures and rain.

I've knicked these photos off a UK website. They were taken yesterday by a talented guy called Jamie Russell, on the Isle of Wight, which is 25 - 30 miles south of me. Much as I like thunder storms, when I see photos like these, I'm not too unhappy that the storms went to the west of me.

post-118-0-80172000-1400613921_thumb.jpg

post-118-0-39756600-1400613957_thumb.jpg

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Libby, absolutely beautiful pictures. My favorite is the lighthouse.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I don't like severe ones either, but I do enjoy of soft rain. I find it very soothing.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

The weather is another one of those differences between the UK and the US. It's fascinating here, because it's so unpredictable. Apparently, we have more tornadoes per square mile in the UK than in the US - but like much of our weather, they're small and short-lived - to the extent that they're rarely caught on camera (though that's getting better as more people have phones that can take pictures), and usually can only be identified by the pattern of damage they leave behind, mostly by the track of missing roof tiles.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Besides the planet in the process of changing its axis, we can also blame a lot of the weird weather on the chemicals they spray in the air, all over the world, and we have no clue what they do at HAARP.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

There's still so much we don't know about what's happening to the planet and why. Scientists are getting better at gathering data and interpreting it. But that needs to be driven by ethical considerations, not money.

Libby

There's still so much we don't know about what's happening to the planet and why. Scientists are getting better at gathering data and interpreting it. But that needs to be driven by ethical considerations, not money.

Amen ! !

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)