The Miscellaneous Thread

Hi, everyone! I am trying again to become more involved here. I'm sorry, but the last few years have really taken a tole on me.

Here..... The highlights----

Terry and I are still stuck living with my insane parents.

Terry now has had a job for a couple of months.

I managed to have my art on display at a local coffee house for a month. (Jittery Joe's)

Several of my goats have died, and several more have been born.

I finagled my way into a therapy workshop last fall, which has done wonders for me. The most severe agoraphobic episodes (panic attacks) have subsided, so that I can at least go outside without starting to pass out.

I no longer have ANY connection to my artist friend who taught me how to paint, and turned out to be an alcoholic and compulsive liar. Last I heard, he attacked his current (female) roommate with a wooden milk crate, & continued posting on facebook the whole rest of the day like nothing happened.

I'm STILL trying to trade my way to a HOME.

I've proclaimed myself a "Consulting Detective", though I still don't know how I'll ever actually be able to DO anything, without all the official pieces of meaningless paper that say I'm allowed to do stuff.

And, I've found the ONLY thing that's EVER measured up to Millennium in my mind now. BBC's "Sherlock", which I've been keeping up with now for several years and was just dazzled by season 3.

• Like 1

Ditto from me, and it's great to see you back here and hope you can return more often. You have been very missed. Love and huggers.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

It's always lovely to see you here, Erin. You sound a lot more positive about things, which is very good to hear.

I am very impressed that you got yourself on that therapy workshop. Agorophobia is hell to deal with, and getting any kind of help (even just communicating with others who have similar issues) helps with the healing.

Yes, small steps, but they're steps in the right direction.

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

It's always lovely to see you here, Erin. You sound a lot more positive about things, which is very good to hear.

I am very impressed that you got yourself on that therapy workshop. Agorophobia is hell to deal with, and getting any kind of help (even just communicating with others who have similar issues) helps with the healing.

Yes, small steps, but they're steps in the right direction.

Ditto from me Erin. Love and Huggers.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks....to all. I don't FEEL like I've taken charge and am moving forward. Most days, I don't even want to get out of bed, because I don't know what form the "drama" will take that day.

The workshop wasn't actually about agoraphobia. It was about life after loss. ANY sort of loss. From the death of a loved one, to a lost job, an accident, a divorce, etc. It was held by the author who wrote Second Firsts (google that book to learn more) I think absolutely EVERYONE should read this book. The author's posts started popping up on my facebook wall last summer (still don't know how FB works), and I started reading all these great messages of inspiration. I made comments on more than one of them about just how much I'd love to participate in her workshop, but I literally didn't have a DIME to my name. That MY loss had meant we were without an income, or a stable home environment. She took pity on me, signed me up for the course for FREE, and sent me one of her books! I finally (through the course) started to realize that I'd been blown off course WAY before we lost our home. A lifetime of living with anti-social people....in total isolation, then car wrecks, abuse, murdered friends, and THEN losing me home..... Yep.... that did me in.

• Like 1

I hear you Raven, I am coming up on my 7 year anniversary loss of my health, home, independence , fur family and ability to travel any distance. I wish you the best in finding a path that brings you joy.

• Like 1

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

We all are doing our best to move forward, and Erin, I am so glad you have found a source to help and strengthen you. What is the exact name of the book, and author, and I will see if I can download it from one of the sites I go to and we can get an e copy.

Randee, everything you said is a ditto for me, except the furry part, I at least have my 2 fur babies. I would be a basket case without Tinker and Bell.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)