The Miscellaneous Thread

Erin, tell us about it. You cold start a new thread, "Personal Paranormals," or whatever comes to mind.

There is an area between the material world and the spirit world where Earth-bound spirits reside. They haven't crossed over and it's usually because they have unfinished business with the living. The problem, most of the time they are not aware of what it is, and need help sorting it out to cross over into the light.

I look forward to hearing about what happened.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

You still have my phone number? If I need to call you, PM me, and we can talk about it first so you're not struggling if you want to share it on the forums. Maybe talking about it will help you collect them. Huggers.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I heard the other day that experts are convinced "bigfoot" is a bear. All this time I thought it was just a big foot.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Every culture seems to have a bigfoot legend. Even Papua New Guinea or someplace thataway has one. Don't know if they have bears or not. I'm willing to think that MOST of the sightings are bears, or large mammals. Heck in Florida, south Florida that is, some think that many of the skunk ape sightings could be escaped chimps. There is legend that Chimps were let loose, and some escaped and are living in the wild there.

• Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

My neighbor lived next to a small airport in the Miami area. He said that small planes would land and then dump their cargo of live animals on the landing strip as Customs officials were waiting. Lots of apes,monkeys and such running through their back yards.

This is beginning to sound like the Rise of the Planet of the Apes... woot.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

There have been reportings of big cats in various rural places in the UK. There was a fad, back in the '60s and '70s, of pop stars and celebs having exotic pets, but when the law changed to requiring licences and strict rules on the containment and care of such animals, many of the owners simply set their animals loose. I expect that the same happened in the US in those states that have, so far, brought in similar regulations. But the UK is a small place, and the areas of forestation are decreasing, and becoming more separated by urban development. Eventually, those wild animals will die out, but the last few will do that alone,having barely known their own kind.

There are no laws here (as yet) governing the owning and keeping of some of the primate species, e.g. the macaques. These are small and cute, and some people have kept one in a large bird cage in their sitting room, or in a small shed in their garden. But macaques, like most all their other cousin species, live in social groups in the trees, something that those "pets" will likely never experience again their lifetimes.

"Man is the cruellest animal" - maybe, but for goodness' sake, we've got the internet now, so there's no excuse for not knowing how to care and respect creatures who also live on this planet.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines