The Miscellaneous Thread

LOL...love the video Walkabout. Most of us don't anymore, I know I don't, but at least I can see my feet.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Loved that video!

Heck, if it weren't for the fact that I'm married and on a different continent, I'd date that guy. A sense of humour is more important than waist size.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Want to see an interesting wind field from Tropical Storm Dolly?

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at5+shtml/084532.shtml?swath?large#contents

mage to zoom out – Download GIS data 234348P_sm.gif
Click Here for a Printer Friendly Graphic

About this product:

This graphic shows how the size of the storm has changed, and the areas potentially affected so far by sustained winds of tropical storm force (in orange) and hurricane force (in red). The display is based on the wind radii contained in the set of Forecast/Advisories indicated at the top of the figure. Users are reminded that the Forecast/Advisory wind radii represent the maximum possible extent of a given wind speed within particular quadrants around the tropical cyclone. As a result, not all locations falling within the orange or red swaths will have experienced sustained tropical storm or hurricane force winds, respectively.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

Wow, Dolly is my nickname, the short version of Darlene. I'm a storm now, with a wind speed of tropical or hurricane force. w00t2.gifboody.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

too bad all those Pacific storms are not sending rain to southwest USA while Mexico is flooded. sad.gif

BEER----> There will be rain and storms in the desert areas of Californa, Arizona, South/Western states. There wil be another good size swell (waves) coming too - they have begun. Yipee!

BELCH