Twenty Top Predictions For Life 100 Years From Now

Rate this topic

Earthnut

Readers at Before It's News were asked for their predictions of life in 100 years time.

Assuming that the world doesn't end on 12/12/2012, which I personally don't believe it will, do you have an predictions to add to this list? I listed them below, but each one is explained in a short paragraph, so I posted the link so you could read them if you choose. I got a kick out of #17 and don't see how they would pull off #14. I love the idea of #13, and #19 is scary, it used to be science fiction, but not anymore.

https://beforeitsnews.com/story/1633/283/Twenty_Top_Predictions_For_Life_100_Years_From_Now.html

1. Oceans will be extensively farmed and not just for fish (Jim 300)

2. We will have the ability to communicate through thought transmission (Dev 2)

3. Thanks to DNA and robotic engineering, we will have created incredibly intelligent humans who are immortal (game_over)

4. We will be able to control the weather (mariebee_)

5. Antarctica will be "open for business" (Dev 2)

6. One single worldwide currency (from Kennys_Heroes)

7. We will all be wired to computers to make our brains work faster (Dev 2)

8. Nanorobots will flow around our body fixing cells, and will be able to record our memories (Alister Brown)

9. We will have sussed nuclear fusion (Kennys_Heroes)

10. There will only be three languages in the world - English, Spanish and Mandarin (Bill Walker)

11. Eighty per cent of the world will have gay marriage (Paul)

12. California will lead the break-up of the US (Dev 2)

13. Space elevators will make space travel cheap and easy (Ahdok)

14. Women will be routinely impregnated by artificial insemination rather than by a man (krozier 93)

15. There will be museums for almost every aspect of nature, as so much of the world's natural habitat will have been destroyed (LowMaintenanceLifestyles)

16. Deserts will become tropical forests (jim300)

17. Marriage will be replaced by an annual contract (holierthanthou)

18. Sovereign nation states will cease to exist and there will be one world government (krozier93)

19. War by the West will be fought totally be remote control (LowMaintenanceLifestyles)

20. Britain will have had a revolution (holierthanthou)