This is who we are....This is what we do. (Cold Case Investigation)

Rate this topic

Raven Wolf

Many of you know of my interest in investigating cold cases and with profiling.

Well, these are two cases that really bother me, and I'd like to open them for discussion here. It'd be nice to have all of my thoughts, as well as anyone else's who wishes to contribute, out here on the table.... So to speak. A lot of my personal files on these 2 cases were destroyed when the other computer crashed last year, but I'd still like to bring as much to the table as I can salvage.

I'll be back!

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

Go for it, Erin.

I know that law enforcement mostly do their best, and they have access to a lot of evidence that isn't available to the general public, and they often are pressured into a quick arrest, or no arrest, because they have to work within the confines of prosecution system. But there have been a number of notable cases where the investigation either went horribly wrong, or went nowhere. You obviously feel something about these cases, which is a good enough reason for talking about them and getting views from others.

• Like 1

Guest Blueboy

well, the one case you refer to, the so called authorites check on updates "every 4 to 6 weeks". Glad they could fit it into their schedules to look at a horrible murder every two months. We have just as much chance of using our investigative abilities as the police, unless of course the investigationis at dunkin donuts. I'll be watching.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, to both of you. I honestly didn't think anyone would respond to this topic.

"Maybe, there's hope."

The only question is.... HOW do regular citizens use "investigative abilities as the police"? I liked "The A Team" when I was a very little kid, but I think "taking the law into our own hands" is a bit frowned upon, don't you think? cool.gif

Thanks, to both of you. I honestly didn't think anyone would respond to this topic.

"Maybe, there's hope."

The only question is.... HOW do regular citizens use "investigative abilities as the police"? I liked "The A Team" when I was a very little kid, but I think "taking the law into our own hands" is a bit frowned upon, don't you think? cool.gif

there is no problem with ' investigating ' as long as evidence is not compromised. With the internet I'm sure a lot of cold cases are being activly studied and I'm sure leads passed on are greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

As for me, this is the first time I've seen your post Erin. You know I'm here every day and check.

All it takes is one person seeing something that everyone else missed.

As far as the legal system is concerned, I keep remembering a saying, "If you want justice, don't go to court. In court there is only the law."

• Like 1

Guest Blueboy

Here is an actual case. IF you have any intuitive ability, or simply want to test them, consider this case from Virginia Beach. The case remains unsolved. For more information on it google her name. Any information that you discover, theories, or thoughts, are welcome.

post-3707-0-09483500-1333140178_thumb.jp

post-3707-0-32023400-1333140343_thumb.jp