Man Knocked Out, Stripped, Robbed, Onlookers Laugh

Shameful behavior.

Man Knocked Out, Stripped Naked And Robbed Of Everything As Crowd Of Onlookers Laugh Hysterically

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGZ97FVuYFY&feature=player_embedded

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elders (Admins)

There's a current case here in the UK where a woman pedestrian died after being hit by a vehicle, and there was a crowd of people taking photos on their mobiles, and one man just picked up her handbag and walked away with it. I can't find much in the way of news reports about that, other than that the man has been arrested, and I suspect earlier news reports have been pulled pending criminal charges. From memory, the woman's injuries were so severe that she was almost decapitated, and I assume the British online news sites have pulled any earlier reports so as not to prejudice the case when it comes to court.

For many years, I've followed various paramedic blogs, and I remember one paramedic writing about going to a young lad who'd sustained an injury and having to push their way through a crowd of other youngsters who were standing around and laughing and taking photos. The paramedics almost got pushed back because (and this bit has stuck in my mind ever since), "We were here first." The inference being that the youngsters hadn't yet had their fill of "fun" and taking photos.

I do wonder about the kind of disconnect that must be going on in some people's minds, that they don't have enough empathy to imagine what they'd feel if it was happening to them.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Guest Blueboy

we have become a "me first, me most important" ego driven culture, where cell phones, twitter etc isolate us from our own humanity and our own mortality. Television makes violence a gratuitous exercise in stupidity and alienation. "Hunger games"? Kids killing kids and millions flock to see it? Parents passing the buck as they sneak out the back door? It doesn't take a genius to see it as our culture DEVOLVES. And guess what kids? it's just going to get worse. (imho)

Totally agree Blueboy, I don't see things getting any better. It truly is an "I, Me, Mine" world, and I for one am so thankful that my children are grown. Now I have grandchildren to worry about, but with grandkids, they can't point their finger at me. I just have to pray that my teachings to my own children were solid and strong enough to carry through another generatioin.

It really is disturbing to see all the movies out there that people are going nuts over. Not just vampires and werewolfs, but the violent killings and then having to show all the unnecessary graphics. It is a horrible thing, movies like "The Hunger Games," with "kids killing kids, and millions flock to see it." I saw the movie and wasn't a bit impressed, and had no desire to read the books. That really is what our world has become, a combination of the Roman empire and Sodom and Gomorrah. I have no doubts that there are others that could be added to the list.

Oh, and let's not forget all the violence kids are subjected to in video games.

A lot of Lance's movies are like that, full of, not just violence, but "unnecessary graphics." I loved him in MLM, but sad to say there are very few other movies he's been in that I like and will watch.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...