Millennium Manga?

Rate this topic

There was something posted on the usenet years ago (ugh, almost 6 years ago to this day) that talked about a Millennium Comic in Japan. It was ultimately determined to be a hoax. Here's the uneditted post:

------------------------------------

by: CMento6653 Aug 31 1999, 12:00 am

Anyone know where I can get the MILLENNIUM comics that were released in Japan? They ran for about 42 issues and I hear they stuck to the continuity rather well and even lasted over all three seasons. I have heard from someone in Japan that these comics started out as being non official but CC gave permission to make them official and they sold well which is why Japan made more and more.

Japan also did unoffical books for Gerry Anderson's shows--lots of photos and pics in one book for each show, SPACE: 1999, UFO and Irwin Allen shows--one per show-LAND OF THE GIANTS, LOST IN SPACE, TIME TUNNEL, and VOYAGE TO THE BOTTM OF THE SEA. Also the old tv show about time travel VOYAGERS! Japan also put out a model of THE TIME TUNNEL, totally unauthorized so thus this. Japan was into all our shows and wanted more andmore mechandise thus the MILLENNIUM pic book was made and that is so rare I don't think anyone can find it but it is about 100 pages of pics from all three seasons (except maybe not the last few episodes).

If anyone knows wehre i can get that lemmeknow. Anyway the comics are rumored to bridge the gaps between seasons one and two and between two and three as well as involving two issues about what happened to Jordan and Frank after the last episode.I am told Peter Watts lurks in the background as a dark shadowy figure and isn't even named; Emma is tracking Frank but not for the Group for her own means and needs. The person didn't have every issue but apparantly the serial killer issue was dealt with early on during season one (in the comics) and get this, it is the same as what they did in season three!

The comics are supposedly more supernaturally based and that Hand of St Sebastian has real powers that heal or kill depending on the person's feelings at the moment and their desire to use the hand for good or evil. I think someone mentioned that Mulder and Scully, also not named, appear briefly in one issue. ALong with the Smoking Man (who is in two issues!--the one with Mulder and Scully and one about a conspiracy--gosh no?) who is in the Millennium Group's office building (?).

It is told by the contacts I have found in Japan (and let me tell you almost every contact I have had knew English as well as Japanese) that Morgan and Wong may have written a few of these and some in jokes about SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND as well as THE COMMISH are in there, in fact I wonder if Tony Scally makes an appearance. As is required with comics, the Group seems to have an office building and deep underground secret base. Lara Means is shown post-her insane fit and seems to look a bit crazy but is out of her fit and helping the office? This all sounds so insane but comics often try to keep to continuity but don't always do a good job of it. SLIDERS comics and BUFFY comics here in the US did.

In another issue, one that one of my contacts said he has, Jordan's dog Benny seems to have become a mutant, a side effect of the virus (far fetched I know) and is kind of haunting her, blaming Frank and Peter. Emma and Frank seem to be Scully and Mulder in the later issues and in fact, I wonder if they made the two change personalities with their other duo or something like that. Another issue concerns a little boy ghost, a demon that wants out of being a demon and wants to become a human boy as Jordan is a human girl, a female demon my friend thinks but is not sure about that issue, an ancient Viking curse, the Hand becoming evil based on who has it, a Wild West Story with the ghosts of Butch Cassady and the SUndance Kid in a valley that Jordan and Frank hide out in, a knight or rather a suit of armor from King Arthur's time that seems to right wrongs and is after Peter and Emma.

Earlier issues have a serial killer kid kidnap Jordan who TALKS him out of it, Catherine being befriended by a neighbor lady who is a killer, the wife of a serial killer Frank put away years ago, Bletch seems to haunt Frank after CURSE OF FRANK BLACK. In an early episode, Bletch and Frank check out Loch Ness? Huh? Anyway, if anyone knows where I can find these, let me know. Has anyone heard of this series?