19:19

Rate this topic

I watched this recently and was surprised I never noticed that Mr.Prine  walked into the tornado.I had always thought he was getting justice for what he did.  It was like a light went on and I said to my wife "Elijah!" He was supposed to be like Elijah and taken up in a whirlwind.

It's funny how with every viewing this ep reveals something I didn't catch the time before. I know  the first time I saw it I thought Prine was a psycho criminal and upon further viewings realized he was being used by God;a prophet if you will.  

great episode and cool insights everybody! 

This is pretty cool ;)

ALLUSIONS (8)

Lara: Well maybe he went somewhere over the rainbow.
  • Here Lara refers to The Wizard of Oz. Matthew Prine and Dorothy Gale were both swept away by tornados.

• Prine: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and he will be their God.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 21:3.

• Frank: After the second great struggle between the nations will come the third world war which will determine everything. Lies open will the world's nations enter into these catastrophes; they shall not be aware of what is happening...
    Here Frank paraphrases Stormberger an 18th century Bavarian seer who supposedly predicted the rise fascism and World Wars I and II. He also predicted a third world war: "And after the second great struggle between the nations will come a third universal conflagration, which will determine everything. There will be entirely new weapons. In one day more men will die than in all previous wars combined. Battles will be fought with artificial guns. Gigantic catastrophes will occur. With open eyes will the nations of the Earth enter into these catastrophes. They shall not be aware of what is happening and those who will know and tell, will be silenced. Everything will become different than before, and in many places the Earth will be a great cemetery. The third great war will be the end of many nations."

• Prine: Gog is not China. Its the Russians. So that makes Magog America.

"Gog" and "Magog" are taken from the bible. They are taken from Ezekiel 38-39. It is prophesied by Ezekiel that Gog, the king of Magog, would invade Israel with a great army and be defeated. There is also a reference to Gog and Magog in Revelation 20:7-10, "When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

• Prine: [on the radio]: And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against him that sat on the on the horse and against his army.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 19:19.

• Prine: Worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 5:12.

• Prine: The great day of his wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand?
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 6:17.

• Prine: And when the lamb opened the second seal. I heard the second beast say 'come'. And there went out another horse that was red and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth. And to make men slay each other. To him was given a lar
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 6:3-4.

this is why I always say that this show was beyond believe...the preparation that the writers had to write this kind of lines...fantastic...

These people trusted and challanged the audience. That is a big deal for me.

• Like 1

great episode and cool insights everybody! 

This is pretty cool ;)

ALLUSIONS (8)

Lara: Well maybe he went somewhere over the rainbow.
  • Here Lara refers to The Wizard of Oz. Matthew Prine and Dorothy Gale were both swept away by tornados.

• Prine: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and he will be their God.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 21:3.

• Frank: After the second great struggle between the nations will come the third world war which will determine everything. Lies open will the world's nations enter into these catastrophes; they shall not be aware of what is happening...
    Here Frank paraphrases Stormberger an 18th century Bavarian seer who supposedly predicted the rise fascism and World Wars I and II. He also predicted a third world war: "And after the second great struggle between the nations will come a third universal conflagration, which will determine everything. There will be entirely new weapons. In one day more men will die than in all previous wars combined. Battles will be fought with artificial guns. Gigantic catastrophes will occur. With open eyes will the nations of the Earth enter into these catastrophes. They shall not be aware of what is happening and those who will know and tell, will be silenced. Everything will become different than before, and in many places the Earth will be a great cemetery. The third great war will be the end of many nations."

• Prine: Gog is not China. Its the Russians. So that makes Magog America.

"Gog" and "Magog" are taken from the bible. They are taken from Ezekiel 38-39. It is prophesied by Ezekiel that Gog, the king of Magog, would invade Israel with a great army and be defeated. There is also a reference to Gog and Magog in Revelation 20:7-10, "When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth--Gog and Magog--to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

• Prine: [on the radio]: And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against him that sat on the on the horse and against his army.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 19:19.

• Prine: Worthy is the lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 5:12.

• Prine: The great day of his wrath is come, and who shall be able to stand?
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 6:17.

• Prine: And when the lamb opened the second seal. I heard the second beast say 'come'. And there went out another horse that was red and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth. And to make men slay each other. To him was given a lar
    Here Matthew Prine quotes Revelation 6:3-4.

this is why I always say that this show was beyond believe...the preparation that the writers had to write this kind of lines...fantastic...

These people trusted and challanged the audience. That is a big deal for me.

I totally agree, this show was, and still IS, beyond all others.

It's one thing to quote the Bible, it's another to put the quote in context. Though Millennium went way out in left field on a couple of theological subjects (In Arcadia Ego and Anamnesis ) in this episode it all clearly fits.

It's one thing to quote the Bible, it's another to put the quote in context. Though Millennium went way out in left field on a couple of theological subjects (In Arcadia Ego and Anamnesis ) in this episode it all clearly fits.

So true, it is a completely different thing to put the Bible in a text.  And of course, it all has to do with how the individual perceives the meaning, whether literal or spiritual.  It's human nature to go out in left field, and I so appreciate this show and how well they addressed so many controversial subjects.

• 1 year later...

That's kind of eerie, since I think the bus scene in DIRTY HARRY was inspired ( at least in part ) by the real life serial killer Zodiac's threat "Children make interesting targets...I think I'll wipe out a school bus some morning" - fortunately he never made good on this threat.