Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

No matter what theory or opinion I hear, I still go back to the Mayan elders and what they have to say. They have around 18 calendars, and the "Sun" calendar with 12-21-12 is just one of them. Their calendars are in time periods, not individual dates for events, and they say that particular calendar ends on 12-21-12. They are also saying that they believe mankind will have a new spiritual awakening. I'm ready for that. I've had a belly full of all the political, economic, and religious dirt throwing. It's time mankind grew up and gets out of the, "My dog is bigger then your dog," stage.

Guest Blueboy

By: Mike Wall

Published: 06/16/2012 10:37 AM EDT on SPACE.com

The U.S. Air Force's robotic X-37B space plane finally returned to Earth Saturday (June 16), wrapping up a mysterious mission that lasted more than a year in orbit.

The unmanned X-37B spacecraft, also known as Orbital Test Vehicle-2 (OTV-2), glided back to Earth on autopilot, touching down at California's Vandenberg Air Force Base at 5:48 a.m. PDT (8:48 a.m. EDT, 1248 GMT). The landing brought to an end the X-37B program's second-ever spaceflight, a mission that lasted more than 15 months with objectives that remain shrouded in secrecy.

Air Force officials announced the X-37B space plane's successful landing in a brief statement posted on the Vandenberg website and emailed to reporters.

"Team Vandenberg has put in over a year's worth of hard work in preparation for this landing and today we were able to see the fruits of our labor," said Col. Nina Armagno, 30th Space Wing commander at Vandenberg. "I am so proud of our team for coming together to execute this landing operation safely and successfully." [Photos: Air Force's 2nd Secret X-37B Mission]

The X-37B stayed in orbit for 469 days this time, more than doubling the 225 days its sister ship, OTV-1, spent in space last year on the program's maiden flight. Officials at Vandenberg said the spacecraft conducted "on-orbit experiments" during its mission. The landing window for the X-37B actually opened on June 11, and was expected to close on Monday (June 18).

o-X37B-570.jpg?4An X-37B robotic space plane sits on the Vandenberg Air Force base runway during post-landing operations on Dec. 3, 2010. Personnel in self-contained protective atmospheric suits conduct initial checks on the robot space vehicle after its landing.

Guest Blueboy

ALIENS - They Aren't What You Think.

By: Natalie Wolchover

Published: 06/14/2012 02:44 PM EDT on Lifes Little Mysteries

A typical Hollywood alien is "soft, squishy and big on mucus," in the words of Seth Shostak, senior astronomer at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, Calif. These sci-fi lumps of goo are inclined to abduct us, probe us, hover above us and even walk among us (in disguise, of course). But far beyond Hollywood's limited scope, aliens might really exist. What are they like, and how would they actually handle a human encounter?

Astrobiologists have deduced a few answers by combining their knowledge of life on Earth with their understanding of the cosmos as a whole. Their profile of ET might not be what you expected.

1. They won't come in peace

The renowned physicist Stephen Hawking once famously warned that humanity's efforts to radio communicate with extraterrestrials could be endangering us. If the aliens that detect our signals are technologically capable of coming here — proof that they are far more advanced than we — "I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans," Hawking said.

But how can we know the first thing about ET's behavior, be it malevolent or otherwise? Shostak said we need look no farther than Earth. Aggression evolved as a trait among Earthlings because it helps us obtain and protect resources. Though aliens would have arisen and evolved under totally different conditions, pressure to secure finite resources would probably have molded their behavior, too. "I suspect resources would be finite anywhere in the universe," Shostak told Life's Little Mysteries.

2. They didn't put us here

A popular fringe theory holds that humans are alien's gift to Earth. Some people say we were delivered here during a near pass of a life-bearing planet called Nibiru. This alleged planet, which has not actually been observed by astronomers, is said to skirt the edges of the solar system and swing inward from time to time. [A Field Guide to Alien Planets]

"I get emails every week saying that Homo sapiens are the result of alien intervention," Shostak said. "I'm not sure why aliens would be interested in producing us. I think people like to think we're special. But isn't that what got Galileo and Copernicus into trouble — questioning how special we were? But if we're just another duck in the road, it's not very exciting."

3. They're immune to Earth's bacteria

Alien visitors to Earth are occasionally depicted in science fiction as being brought down by their own alien nature. Lacking immunity to Earth-based bacteria, they all die of infections. This wouldn't really happen. "Alien life forms wouldn't come here only to be done in by our bacteria, unless they were related biochemically to humans," Shostak told IEEE Spectrum. "Bacteria would have to be able to interact with their biochemistry to be dangerous, and their ability to do that is far from a sure thing."

4. They won't eat us

Just as they would not be recognized by the local pathogens as potential hosts, aliens would also not recognize Earth's organic matter as a potential food source. They couldn't digest us. And they probably wouldn't need to, anyway. As Jacob Haqq-Misra, an astronomer at Pennsylvania State University, pointed out, "A society capable of interstellar travel should have solved their development issues such that they do not need humans for food."

5. They won't mate with us

Human DNA can't combine with XYZ, or whatever it is that encodes alien life. "The idea that they've come for breeding purposes is more akin to wishful thinking by members of the audience who don't have good social lives," Shostak told IEEE Spectrum. "Think about how well we breed with other species on Earth, and they have DNA. It would be like trying to breed with an oak tree."

Guest Blueboy

Drones May be Targeting YOU

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

drone2.jpg

It is the intention of the United States government to destroy privacy in America, and a big part of this evil is the planned deployment of 30,000 drones that will be able to monitor in detail the movement and activities of every citizen of this country. The path to the surveillance state has been paved by the Supreme Court, which has ruled that citizens have essentially no right of privacy from being observed from overhead.

The President has been granted the right to kill American citizens without a trial, and deadly Predator and Reaper drones will be deployed over American soil from Creech Air Force Base (AFB) in Nevada, Holloman AFB and Cannon AFB in New Mexico, Fort Drum in New York, Grand Forks in North Dakota, Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota, Whiteman AFB in Missouri, and the Southern California Logistics Airport, among others.

Coverage of the entire United States by killer drones will thus be insured, and the Pentagon and the White House will then have the capability of "legally" killing any American without warning and without any form of trial, let alone due process.

Drones vary in size from the four-pound RQ-11B Raven surveillance drone, which can be launched by hand, to the giant MQ-9 Reaper combat drone, manufactured by Northrup Grumman. The Reaper has a maximum take-off weight of 7,000 pounds, including up to 3,000 pounds of bombs, missiles and other armaments.

There are rumors that drones are being created that can be mistaken for insects. The drone operators who control these spy planes behind video screens at US military bases already refer to their victims as "bug splats."

The MQ-1 Predator drone, armed with 100-pound Hellfire missiles, is the government's assassination weapon of choice. A Predator drone was used in the unprecedented assassination of US citizen Anwar al-Awlaki, in Yemen last September.

In December, the American Civil Liberties Union published a detailed report on the dangers of a massive build-up of surveillance drones within the US, warning that “our privacy laws are not strong enough to ensure that the new technology will be used responsibly and consistently with democratic values.”

On the Counter Currents website, Tom Carter quotes Jay Stanley, a policy analyst at the ACLU, as saying that drone surveillance in the US is a "nightmare scenario," leading to "an oppressive atmosphere where people learn to think twice about everything they do, knowing that it will be recorded, charted, scrutinized by increasingly intelligent computers, and possibly used to target them."

Read the original source: https://www.unknowncountry.com/news/drones-may-be-targeting-you#ixzz1yMjGhfTB

This is no longer the land of the free that it used to be, but it is still the home of the brave, and Americans will fight till their last breath to keep it free and their lives as private as humanly possible. I see a revolution coming, and I believe it would be for the best. We really need to start from scratch. Our Constitution as been so amended to death that it is no longer recognizable.

The drones remind me of the hoverdrones used to spy on the public in James Cameron's Dark Angel. They used facial recognition technology to conduct assassinations. But a vast majority of Americans support the drone attacks that are killing innocents overseas.