Rate this topic

Guest Blueboy

EARTH---->Wow, I just watched this very same video a couple days ago. Someone sent me the link in an email. Yes, very interesting.

You're so much fun to be around Mr. California Beerbelch. I was raised in Encino, in the San Fernando Valley.

NUT

EARTH---->Wow, I just watched this very same video a couple days ago. Someone sent me the link in an email. Yes, very interesting.

You're so much fun to be around Mr. California Beerbelch. I was raised in Encino, in the San Fernando Valley.

NUT

BEER---> Yes, I remember. Why on earth would you leave sunny California?

BELCH

@ BEER ~

EARTH---->After my mother died, my father moved to Arizona, and my ex husband and I went to Tenn. to drill a shaft for a mine. Once it was completed we came back through Oklahoma because the main office for Big Chief Drilling was in Oklahoma City. They offered him a job here, we stayed and loved it. When we divorced, he moved away and obviously I'm still here. 3 of 4 children were born here, the oldest was born in CA, who is the one that passed away in July of 08. OK is a beautiful place to live and I especially enjoy the change of the seasons. Unfortunately they can be somewhat abrupt. The only thing I do miss is the ocean and the mountains, but we do have some small mountains, or rolling hills, and I have a lovely lake just 10-15 minutes from home, and on a windy day there are waves at the North end where I go.

NUT ~ BELCH

• Elders (Moderators)

I've been reminded yet again of how vast the USA is and how much geology/geography/meteorology there is over there. I mean, the weather here is complicated enough, and we do have interesting geology/geography (but nothing that really qualifies as a mountain), but apparently the maximum distance anyone would ever have to travel from anywhere inland to get to the coast is ... 70 miles.

But don't for a minute think that such a journey could be completed in an hour. We do traffic snarl-ups like an expert. Mostly because of the sheer volume on our tiny roads. (Not helped on my local motorway when the driver of a car transporter hit the central reservation and dumped a consignment of brand new Range Rovers all over the motorway. All the traffic had to be re-routed through town, where the main roads are the width of the original Roman/Medieval roads - so, not much more than one chariot's width in either direction.)

• Like 1

The distance across the US varies on your Eastern position. From Maine it's approx. 3300 to the Pacific Coast, and specifically from Virginia Beach, VA to San Francisco, CA, it's 2987.82, so I can only assume we can round it off and say it's 3000 miles across.

EARTH----> Hey, Mr. Belch friend, are you taking your Mabius title seriously now? I sense a little, "my dog is bigger then your dog here." Yes, it's nice in Southern CA, speaking from experience from having lived there, but it is also beautiful in so many other places. I fell in love with Crested Butte, CO when my son was livng there and building a ski resort. Wish he'd go back, mom would move in permanently.

NUT

• 3 weeks later...