ARK - amazing short animated film

Rate this topic

Earthnut

This is a short animated film about an unknown virus that has destroyed almost the entire human population. Oblivious to the true nature of the disease, the only remaining survivors escape to the sea. In great ships, they set off in search of uninhabited land. So begins the exodus, led by one man.

• Elders (Moderators)

I think I've seen this before, but even if it's my second viewing I still don't quite get what the makers were aiming for.

Oh, wait a minute. I'll put my ramblings in spoiler space, for those who haven't yet watched it:

I might have misunderstood that last scene. The scene of the ships approaching the "uninhabited" land resembled the microscopic view of the viruses approaching the healthy cell, so I got that metaphor. I guess the virus is us as in there's nowhere on this planet that's free of our effect on it. But does the behaviour of the nurse represent human abusive emotional behaviour? I never could do lit.crit.