Deadly New Spider Species Swarm Town

Sure hope they stop them before they leave the country. Very disturbing.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like some eager beaver scientist screwed up again and created monsters.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

looks like life imitating art. check out the movie 'Arachnophobia' [1990]. the only difference is those spiders came from south american jungles. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099052/ I started watching one nite and got the heebee jeebees so bad I had to finish watching it the next day !!

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

You won't catch me watching a movie like that Ms Walkabout; I just can't handle creepy crawlies.

This new swarm has to be some kind of perverted experiment.

Amen model217, to 55 gal drums of Raid, or something stronger if it exists.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

There's no way I could watch that video. Them darned arachnids give me the creeps. Though I have noticed that more recently I've tended not to wimp out and get my husband to do his chivalry duty and remove said <things>.

(Mostly because all he does is capture said <things> and deposit them outside. Hello!! They already know how to get in, so they'll just come back in again if they think this is the place for them. Though goodness knows why they'd think that, as any flies around get splattered by said husband, usually leaving a yukky smearing on the windows, which are my responsibility to clean.)

Lately, I've taken to the "shoe offensive", which is very satisfying. Unfortunately that also results in a splattering, but that's okay, as I regard that as evidence of grrl-power!, albeit a bit late in the day and only involving tiny monsters.

Apparently, the best thing to spray on <thingies> is heavy-duty hairspray, which gums up their horrible hairy legs, and then hit them with an insecticide (or shoe).

Seriously, though - is this another example of a creature being inadvertently transported into an area where it doesn't belong and has no natural predators and ends up as a threat?

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I have been watching Animal Planet's 'Infested' program. A total creep-out show but informative. Two have delt with spider infestations....one the deadly brown recluse and the previously thought to be harmless 'Hobo' spider in a house in Oregon. If you are algeric to their venom the bite can be very serious. [ like flesh eating] It only goes to prove when push comes to shove nature sometimes wins and the best we can do is get out of the way !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!