Lantern City series

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Bruce, but I have not heard of "Lantern City." Also not familiar with the term "steampunk." What does it mean? And, what's the series all about?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

nothing at IMDb...maybe its how he'll pay for his devorce from Mellisa Gilberts.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

I remember Bruce, but I have not heard of "Lantern City." Also not familiar with the term "steampunk." What does it mean? And, what's the series all about?

List of steampunk works

Source: Wikipedia

Steampunk is a subgenre of fantasy and speculative fiction that came into prominence in the 1980s and early 1990s. The term denotes works set in an era or world where steam power is still widely used—usually the 19th century, and often set in Victorian era England—but with prominent elements of either science fiction or fantasy, such as fictional technological inventions like those found in the works of H. G. Wells and Jules Verne, or real technological developments like the computer occurring at an earlier date. Other examples of steampunk contain alternate history-style presentations of "the path not taken" of such technology as dirigibles or analog computers; these frequently are presented in an idealized light, or with a presumption of functionality. Although many works now considered seminal to the genre were published in the 1960s and 1970s, the term steampunk originated in the late 1980s as a tongue in cheek variant of cyberpunk

now we just need a translation of the definition....lol

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

LOL, I totaly agree. Thanks for explaining "Steampunk," I think.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

List of steampunk works

Source: Wikipedia

biggrin.gif

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I really thought since I signed up I would have received more information by now. Still waiting though.

I was trying to think of a steampunk TV show and Warehouse 13 has all those turn of the century gizmos and The Adventure of Brisco County Jr had a steampunk feel. Movies like Treasure Planet and and this

are definitely steampunk. So who is into cyberpunk by the way.

Have you seen "Fantastic Planet?" What catagory would you place this awesome movie? I thought I was confused with "steampunk," now I'm trying to process it and "cyberpunk." LOL, help, Popeye.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 4 weeks later...