The Dogs of "Beware of the Dog"

Rate this topic

The Dogs of "Beware of the Dog"  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading a recent post and a mention of the dogs being replaced each time one dies, I did some thinking about that, and can't remember ever knowing if the dog is actually replaced or comes back to life somehow, maybe through some MLM ritual. If there is an answer, let's pretend that we don't know it and give our personal opinion.

I think the dog is resurrected because I believe they are both spiritual beings and physical. Not sure how, ritual or just wakes up, but I don't believe they can totally die.

Guest I Made This

I have to agree. I never really thought it about much, but I can't imagine that the dogs have an assembly line of other dogs waiting to replace any that get killed, the dogs more than likely are supernatural and have a way of ressurecting themselves when they die. It's a neat narrative twist though and I like the fact that in the episode it's never truly explained.

With regards to "Beware of the Dog," I have no clue! Frank, who was probably guessing in this episode as much as we are, stated, "There will always be another dog," which could be either of the answers.

It's an interesting thought on an episode that specializes in interesting thoughts.

rock2.gif

Guest I Made This

One of you didn't vote, it says there's only 2 votes. I know I did because it's giving me the option to delete my vote. Okay, who's bad?

Umm, that was me. Yes, I am very, very bad, but I have since voted for resurrected. Apologies. icon_redface.gif

It was never made clear to my knowledge and I thought this would be fun to see how everyone felt. Interesting answers and comments so far. It is true Andrew, it could be either answer.

• 5 weeks later...

I dunno. I kinda lean more towards "Replaced". They were more like Energy beings to me, in a way, so I just kinda felt that another one popped into existance.... but then, that does sound rather silly, doesn't it?

but, then there is the line "There will always be ANOTHER dog", indicating the idea that the dead dog is replaced, not brougt back to life, to keep the balance in line.

but, who knows?

Good point about the word "another." It still could be resurrected and all the Old Man knows is there's always another dog. The "Millennium Old Man" just recently passed, so we can't ask him. Graham, we need your vote. Interesting how the gap between answers has gotten smaller.