TIWWA member Erin McRaven contributes to The X-Files Lexicon!

Hi Everyone,

I realize I was lax in posting the William B. Davis interview, but I wanted to give a 'head's up about this first.

TIWWA's own Erin McRaven wrote up a wonderful synopsis / review of The X-Files season two episode, "Fresh Bones".

I think you'll find it helpful and informative!

biggrin.gifrockon.gif

• Like 3
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Everyone, I realize I was lax in posting the William B. Davis interview, but I wanted to give a 'head's up about this first. TIWWA's own Erin McRaven wrote up a wonderful synopsis / revie

I remember this episode. Thanks for posting this Matt. Erin, you did a great job.

Thanks for posting that link, Matt. That was an example of how X-Files did the "obligatory voodoo episode", as Erin notes, much better than typical Hollywood standards. Erin, that was a brilliant s

I remember this episode. Thanks for posting this Matt.

Erin, you did a great job. clapping.gif

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks for posting that link, Matt. That was an example of how X-Files did the "obligatory voodoo episode", as Erin notes, much better than typical Hollywood standards.

Erin, that was a brilliant synopsis and I hope you'll do more of those.

But: there was one thing that absolutely stood out for me when I was reading your additional comments:

I guess he thinks "When in Rome..." but forgot what happened to Rome in the end.

That so sums up the character of Wharton.

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Oh, WOW, you guys! I was so nervous about this, as it's literally the FIRST bit of writing I've done since we lost the house. Matt has been VERY patient and supportive, and I'd hoped I'd managed to do something that was professional enough for him. Sad as it sounds, it took me 2 hours to type that out! LOL! I'm either too old, too stressed, or both! So, it's great to hear my friends saying they liked it! Wow. You make me want to do another episode!

"deceive, inveigle and obfuscate."

ravenwolfsig1.gif

Check out my trading blog.... One Black Phone for a Yellow House!

Thanks!

seriously, you guys are so encouraging, you make me want to do another one! LOL

ravenwolfsig1.gif

all it takes is a leap of faith...and you know how to do those !!

not so much anymore. that's why seeing that people actually liked this is such a surprise.

ravenwolfsig1.gif

We are always our worst critic. I know I'm my worst. Do whatever you feel led in your heart to do. I'm speaking of the spiritual heart down in your gut. Whether you are right or wrong, it will tell you, it doesn't take sides. Whereas, the emotional soul realm of feelings. and the mind thinking about it and trying to reason it out, can both deceive you.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I definitely agree that we are our own worst critics. (Actually, when I think about that, probably the only people who are not their own worst critics are narcissists.)

I think one of the things that can hold people back from writing reviews is that it's a lot like having to do that when back in school, with the anticipation of a formal grade. Now, I'm not knocking the EngLit exercise of reading a text and writing an essay, because that's how we develop our critical skills. But it can stifle our creative abilities later on. I always check my posts for correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, because that's what I was taught in school, and later became important when I worked as a secretary. Sheesh, I wish I weren't so uptight about such stuff.

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett