'X-Files' creator Chris Carter is working on a new series

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

I'd started to think Chris Carter had dropped off the end of the earth.

(as, I am sure, a lot of you here, did as well!)

BEER---> I kind of thought you had. Hi Raven, glad you could drop by. Long time no see.

BELCH

• Like 1

Thank you! I FEEL like I've dropped off the end of the earth myself. These last 2 years have been.... well.... let's just say it's nothing I'll want to repeat, and the sooner I get out of this house with these crazy people, and back into a sane, managable, stable, CLEAN home of my own with Terry again.... the BETTER!!!

• Elders (Moderators)

Erin, I really do hope you find somewhere else to live.

Here's a bit more news on "The After":

https://www.deadline.com/2013/08/chris-carters-drama-the-after-gets-pilot-order-at-amazon/

EXCLUSIVE: The X Files creator Chris Carter is close to a TV return with his first pilot in more than a decade. I’ve learned that Amazon Studios has moved forward with a pilot order to The After, Carter’s project with Georgeville TV. Carter wrote and is set to direct the thriller, which takes place at the moment of apocalypse. Georgeville TV, founded by Marc Rosen and Reliance’s Motion Picture Capital, first teamed with Carter for The After last fall when the project was taken to MIPCOM by Sierra/Engine TV.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm really surprised the link didn't make it here. Major, Major news. Amazon debuted "The After":

https://amzn.to/1nUOUs1

If you're having trouble viewing it in the UK, you can find it here as well:

lovefilm.com

There's already a majority of positive reviews, but if you like it, please make comments on Amazon. This getting picked up will depend on strong viewer reaction with the powers-that-be at Amazon!

Pleasant viewing!

biggrin.gif

• Elders (Moderators)

Here's what I wrote on the Haven:

I'm in the UK, but have an ordinary account with amazon.com. I couldn't get the links to work until I'd remembered that I had that account and logged in first and then clicked on the link. That did give me the option to watch, without having to sign up to Amazon Prime.

But, I had to download Silverlight in order to watch it, which I didn't want to do.

A little later, I thought of a cunning plan. So I logged back into amazon.com, clicked the link again, and then just clicked on the "feedback" button. That didn't work as apparently my "comments had already been noted", which was news to me. Presumably the option to vote only comes at the end of watching the episode?

I have watched a couple of previews, but the action was far too fast, and I couldn't understand any of the dialogue. I'm not really into action/drama these days, but I wanted to vote for two reasons:

(1) It's CC.

(2) I'm in favour of different means of producing/airing shows, as opposed to the stranglehold Fox had over XF (and HR).

Anyway, I tried my best. :(

I said to Matt that I'd repost my comments here, just to bump this topic.

As an aside, and a bit of a vent: I, and many others, discovered that we weren't in the right demographics for the earlier seasons of XF, because what Fox was looking at primarily were 18-35 males. It took them a long time to realise that XF was not only being watched regularly by females, but also females of all age groups. It isn't so much the tyranny of the Neilsens, but the stupidity of networks with very narrow views of who were likely to watch shows. I got into SF when I was a teenager, but I'm female, and now I'm old, so Fox manglement wouldn't have been in the least bit interested that I was watching the show, and buying the DVDs. I think that Fox only, eventually, got to realise that females were watching the show, but that was probably only because they picked up on "the luuurve interest".

That's why I want CC's show to succeed, because I hope it's all about actually listening to the broad spectrum of viewers, and not categorising viewers by gender and age.

Erin, I really do hope you find somewhere else to live.

Here's a bit more news on "The After":

https://www.deadline.com/2013/08/chris-carters-drama-the-after-gets-pilot-order-at-amazon/

Thanks, Libby. It's not so much a matter of finding somewhere else to live, but coming up with a way to make MONEY, so that we actually have some options! :D