Chris Carter Confirms THE X-FILES 3 is in Discussion

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops.gif Oops ! !

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Don't worry - it was interesting to read it again anyway. Although David Duchovny's remark that he'd want to keep doing X-Files until he's in a wheelchair could be regarded as a bit insensitive, it is a typical DD way of conveying his investment in the character he played all those years.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

I did hear they are working on another X-Files movie. I'm sure DD is a happy camper about that.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

• When I read about the idea of releasing the movie in 2 months, I realized the date of the article/post was from 2011. I think there's still plenty of life and interest in the X Files franchise. I may be in the minority, but I still like "I want to believe" more than "Star Trek." I'm not a movie producer, but I would assume that "3" may be a lower-budget endeavor after the marginal sucess of the second movie. However, they did great stuff for nine years on a television budget that looked really good. I realize there are sometimes expectations to do spectacular and expensive things for a movie just for the sake of it being a movie, but I guess I liked "I want to believe" so much because it was an extention of the show, even if it came across as more of a television extention than a movie extention.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines