Dogs in "Beware of the Dogs"

Rate this topic

Earthnut

Per Wikipedia ~

“Beware of the Dogs” featured a pack of well trained Belgian malinois (ak.k.a Belgian shepherds).

Malinois (or “Mals” amongst the breed fanciers) are an extremely versatile breed. They are herding dogs, family companions, protectors, and hard working dogs. There aren’t many fields that a mal could not easily excel in with the right trainer. Their intelligence and loyalty to their “pack” (family) along with their primal and intense look make them the perfect breed for hard work including police and military work worldwide. Israel only uses malinois in their military and may police departments in the USA use many, if not all, malinois with their K9 units. Only the German shepherd can come close to competing with the malinois.

• Like 1

• Elders (Moderators)

That's a fascinating find, Earthnut. I'd never heard of this breed of dog before, but given the description of their temperament they sound like excellent dogs for law enforcement, film/TV work, and just about everything in between. I'm not a dog person, but I do like the look of intelligence in a dog's eyes.

(Very often, dogs are more intelligent that some humans - but, unlike cats, they're not snooty about it. wink.gif )

• Like 1

Thanks for this, "Earthnut". Someone here asked me years ago what breed of dog this was, (since I seem to be viewed as local dog expert...haha), and I responded Belgian malinois! Most people think these dogs are some weird kind of German Shep., but they're not. I actually quite like BOTH breeds.... but the Belgian malinois seems to have a grace about them that was a perfect element for this episdoe.

I used to have a Shepherd/Blue Healer mix, and what a beautiful dog, and such a handsome face. Oh how I miss him. His name was Max, and he was the man of the house. He would have fought to the death to protect me, and almost big enough to ride. As many pets as I've had, he was the one I felt safe with. If I ever get out of this apartment and into another house, I want another shepherd and/or Blue Healer mix, and may very well look for a Belgian.

I have a friend who once had a wolf and said it was his favorite pet.