Idea for an X-Files/Millennium Crossover Movie Event

Hey all! I've been watching Millennium again and listening to the Back to Frank Black podcasts. I've ordered the Back to Frank Black book. You've been busy as a community since I last participated!

Anyhow I've been thinking about the whole Millennium comeback thing and I have a great idea for the basis of a crossover movie. I haven't really started developing the idea as a storyline, and it's almost so obvious someone else may have has this idea and made an episode for the virtual season based on it.

Lucy Butler discovers Fox Mulder and starts taking an unhealthy interest in him, and Mulder being Mulder responds with an unhealthy interest in Lucy Butler. Fox disappears. Scully searches for Mulder and enlists, once again, the help of Frank Black and possibly Emma Hollis. Does The Millennium Group get involved? If Legion has infiltrated The Group, maybe they already are.

What does everyone think?

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the idea, but as an alternative to the crossover TV episode. I recall that Frank Spotnitz said that once they had set up the deal for the episode they suddenly realised that they'd have to intr

First of all, unless Mulder is possessed, I don't see him going astray from Scully. And, if I remember correctly, Emma wasn't a real popular character, but being in the group and maybe having changed from the group's influence, could make her more of a foe then an ally, which is what she was in season 3. On the subject of Lucy, as much as everyone liked her, I think it's time for a new nemesis, and I have no doubts that Legion has infiltrated the group. I'd like to see Frank and Jordan working together somehow.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

I like the idea, but as an alternative to the crossover TV episode. I recall that Frank Spotnitz said that once they had set up the deal for the episode they suddenly realised that they'd have to introduce the characters of Frank and Jordan to the XF audience who hadn't watched Millennium. They'd have had to introduce the characters of Frank and Lucy, in your scenario, but with the right script both Lance and Sarah-Jane could have made it work.

The only problem that I could foresee with that scenario, whether it had played out on the small screen or could play out on the big screen, is the reaction of the shipper fans to Mulder's interest in/possession by Lucy. That is somewhat similar to the XF episode "3", which occurred between Scully's abduction and her return (in reality it was when Gillian Anderson wasn't available because she was having a baby); and similar to some other episodes where Mulder showed an interest in another woman, for example "The Field Where I Died". Honestly, they'd go ape-shit about that, and unfortunately it is the XF fanbase that's of more interest to the money-men than the MM fanbase.

But, as I said, I like the idea. Could you think of working it up as fan-fiction? Or maybe contact EngineComics who is interested in getting the Virtual Season 6 project moving forward and seeing whether a crossover would work there?

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Libby, excellent point regarding the audience needing to be introduced to the characters. We have to remember how long it has been since MLM aired, and we have a new generation out there that knows little or nothing of the series.

And, I totally agree "it is the XF fanbase that's of more interest to the money-men than the MM fanbase." Sad to say.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Thanks Earthnut and Libby for your input and ideas. Earthnut, I like your idea of Frank and Jordan working together, in some ways a passing of the torch. Libby, I like your observations and suggestion of working it up as a fanfic, maybe as part of the Virtual Season. I have to check out what's been done with the virtual seasons - having been off the radar for so long I've lost touch with them.

Thanks for the input. I'll put that into the old brain and see what starts percolating.

Cheers,

Maxx

Visit Maxx's Blog - The New Millennium: The Time is Now - for the newest ideas to come from the mind of Maxx Blackwell.

gallery_1248_65_32681.jpg

"THE ANTICHRIST DOES NOT COME AFTER A THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED. WHEN THE THOUSAND YEARS HAVE PASSED, THE REIGN OF THE JUST BEGINS; THEN COMES THE ANTICHRIST, TO CONFOUND THE JUST, AND THEN COMES THE FINAL BATTLE..."

- Alinardo of Grottaferrata, December 1323 (The Name of the Rose, Umberto Eco)