Mike Atkins, Frank and Water Fountains

Rate this topic

I'm watching "Gehenna," and I noticed that when Mike Atkins and Frank step outside to talk about the photographs Frank was sent, they speak next to a water fountain. One might also notice that in "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions," Frank and Mike Atkins (with Peter Watts) first meet up near the water fountain in the park where a woman's neck was slit. Just something I noticed that I thought was interesting, but probably unintentional.

• 3 years later...

haha never noticed that..

i was watching "P.P.T.D." (and "Lamentation") yesterday, definitely one of my top 5 episodes of all seasons.. i noticed something intriguing, though i don't know how much it has been discussed here before so i'm using this thread instead of creating a new one.

in the scene at the beginning when Frank comes down to the coroners he suddenly has flashes off Bob being killed in his basement, with flashes of the actual slitting of the throat.. I paused this scene and went through it frame by frame and noticed that they show the killers face but suprisingly they use neither Lucy Buttler, The Dark Haired Man or Martin, but I believe it to be Pepper.. it's hard to tell exactly because there's a blinding white light over it all but it's definitely not any of the other three but it resembles Pepper.. anyone else seen this and what do you then make of it?

• Like 1

What awesome perception...never noticed this.

This is interesting info. you might all like ~ Since water is effected by gravity, its nature is to flow down from above. In fact the visual symbol for water is a downward pointing triangle.

Another bit of info from symbolism ~ " The unique property of water is to take the shape of that which surrounds it but to never possess a specific shape by itself. As Mircea Eliade notes in The Sacred & The Profane, this is so because water is incapable of 'transcending' its own mode of being and of manifesting itself in forms. Eliade observes that everything that has form 'manifests itself above the waters, by detaching itself from the waters.' "

Tune in next week for a discussion on fire...:295: ???  There's no fire emoticon here...however...  smiley_fire.gif