My Favorite show of all time is "Millennium"

• Elders (Moderators)

Hello, seesthru, and welcome to the board. I notice that you've posted in other areas and have made some interesting comments. I'll try and respond to some of those tomorrow.

I'm intrigued by your screen-name - I'd be interested to know why you chose that, e.g. are you more of a Scully than a Mulder? wink.gif

• Like 1

hiya.gifHi seesthru, and welcome to the group. I hope we see you often here. It truly is a wonderful site.

Some days there's traffic, and other days it's slow. A lot depends upon what is going on at Facebook, which some of us are not big fans of, and of course, some are. Members drop in on a regular basis but not all of them every day. It's like so many other forums, people retire, come and go, and some of us you can't get rid of. signlol.gif

• Like 2

The story behind my nickname. I guess it's interesting to some, boring to others. However it's a real insight into me as a person.

I first started getting online in 1995. I got a computer, got an email at hotmail, and then I didnt' know what the heck to do, how to surf. So.... the first place I found that I liked was a message board called "Future Fate". It was about the MIllennium approaching, Y2K, earth changes, everything. Now mnd you I had never so much as watched X-files ( I know shocking!) then. I was a newbie in so many ways. I was so naieve. I believed that perhaps I wa s intruding by being online. I imagined the internet to be filled with people of higher intelligence, more beauty, and better ethics than I could ever possess. I felt that I would be found lacking and somehow banned from partaking in this new ( to me) Phenomenon...

The chat that I participated in at Future Fate was thrilling. I'd sit there for hours waiting for people to chat so I could try to keep up with the big words and the profound metaphysical prose, etc... ( Did I mention I was a hick from the sticks?) I felt very lacking, I did not understand any of the concepts about those CHakra things, etc... But I loved talking about earth changes, and learning about the future map of the US with half of it flooded out, and talknig about going off grid...

I cannot remember what my screen name was back then. I think It was Ehyophsta or Athos.

Anyway, There was a bit of bother with another member, and I got into what was known ( I found out later) as a flame war. Because I and a male chatter both had the bad habit of accidentally holding down the caps key for the second letter of a word now and then. ( like this: THen) I was accused of not being who I claimed to be, called a fraud, a man pretending to be a woman, and later on, all kinds of things. And i had no recourse! I was humiliated, offended, outraged...... for a long time! Future Fate became defunct and disappeared when Y2K rolled around and nothing happened. ( Jose Chung was the prophet of prophets!)

Then I went to another chat, dealing with mental health. There were people on it who claimed to be Wiccans, and their outline of Wicca made it sound so loving, so compassionate... I parked in the chatroom there, talked peopel out of killing themselves, dealt with all sorts of problems, and yet again, got caught in the crossfire of flame wars. I left the place finally, bruised, battered, but stronger and much more educated about just how many nutballs were parading around online.

It sunk in, finally, slowly, but indelibly. The people inside the internet, were just like the people outside the internet! There was no specialness about being online. People lied and pretended and attacked and cheated and all those things people did outside this intellectual and social eden I had pictured the net to be... It was not Utopia.... It was the Jerry Springer show! I finally saw through the Bs, and I finally learned to take off the rose colored glasses. I changed my nickname, and I saw myself through the transition from rube to cynic to something inbetween.. I have been on message boards, and all kinds of websites and forums, and always it's the same thing, there are good folks, bad folks, Selfosophy Psychos and Nostradamus nutballs to be found everywhere. I have learned that everyone has baggage, and I am no more or less enlightened or "worthy" than anyone else, to be on this thing called the internet. So there is is. Thanks for your patience in reading this.

Am I more like Scully? Or Mulder? I am something inbetween. I am as gullible as the day is long sometimes. Other times, I feel as though I would have to ask God for His ID if he ever appeared to me. But I WANT to believe... ;)

• Like 2

I should confess to a sacrilege of sacrileges.... I did not "discover" Millennium the TV show until it's final season and I only then caught a few episodes. I did however buy all three seasons on DVD. I have worn some of the discs out I fear. I hoe they can be cleaned and will work, but I have watched my favorite episodes so much that when I went to have myself a millennium marathon, the Jose Chung episode skipped and stalled! So did the Somehow Satan Got Behind me episode, and so did the last 2 episodes of season two! I have a cleaner for the discs and that cvleaner you shove into the disc drive. I hope that works or I am lost! It is absolutely my favorite show of all time! I don't knwo where the bloopers are or where the references to 1013 and all that fall in each show, but I am a huge fan of the show and wish that it had continued on. 3 seasons was far too short!

• Like 1

welcome to the site Seesthru, always glad to see new blood. Those who have been here for a long have discussed the pro and cons of each ep. until there is nothing new left to say to those who also have been here for years; BUT, new members bring up new aspects of eps. and so just jump in with both feet and it will get posts flowing again.

• Like 1

I might be a disappointment in that area. I don't notice bloopers or the numbers things... I have learned much since reading the posts!! All I could see as far as oddities are the actors crossing over from Xfiles to MIllennium. Now I did notice, the Pilot episode of Millennium, one actor played a detective. Then in the third season he was the FBi boss. I'm kind of clueless that way. But, Gosh I still love the show, and maybe can catch bloopers and the fun things like that. I hoe to have glasses soon so I can pay better attention to detail!

LOL!!! Hey I have a question. Are there any free ringtones to be found using the theme fromt he show, or the oral passwords of the characters? I'd love to have a ringtoe of the Old Man saying "The Time is Near" on my cell.

I downloaded to my cell phone the MLM theme from Zedge. It plays everytime Walkabout calls me.

At this forum we became family, and still are. Yes, people come and go, but the warmth and acceptance is always here, and the high respect of other family member's opinions and beliefs. That's why I stated in a previous post that some of us you just can't get rid of.

So glad to see you back seesthru.

• Like 1