Season Two Arrived This Morning!

Rate this topic

Guest StevenmTaylor

Graham,

Have you found any problems with playing the disks yet? I only ask, as my dvd player is having trouble displaying the menus on the first four disks; following the Fox logo the screen just stays blank, I'm having to find the episodes by selecting random title/chapter points. :angry: I could understand one faulty disk but four out of six makes me wonder if there has been an authoring mistake.

BTW, thought the 'making of' featurette was interesting but negative. I know season 2 wasn't popular with cast and crew but it was all a bit one sided really (although CC tries to play devil's advocate :bigsmile:).

Cheers,

Steve.

Guest WaveCrest

That was mentioned in the Cult Times review of Season 2 on DVD in last month's issue, that the fans hated Season 2. I thought that was a bit exaggerated. I was under the impression that many fans had S2 as their favourite season of MM.

.....i really think it's "partly" a matter of S2 fans being more vocal and passionate about it. The ratings in S2 surely didn't nosedive because it was more popular and then started to rise again slightly during S3.(??)

Just my 3-1/2 cents,

se7en :ouro:

POST #1967

...My wife, Denise Barry-(Lapete)- was born July 14, 1967. And thank god for it.

• Elders (Admins)
Graham,

Have you found any problems with playing the disks yet? I only ask, as my dvd player is having trouble displaying the menus on the first four disks; following the Fox logo the screen just stays blank, I'm having to find the episodes by selecting random title/chapter points. :angry: I could understand one faulty disk but four out of six makes me wonder if there has been an authoring mistake.

BTW, thought the 'making of' featurette was interesting but negative. I know season 2 wasn't popular with cast and crew but it was all a bit one sided really (although CC tries to play devil's advocate :bigsmile:).

Cheers,

Steve.

Hi Steven,

So far I've not had any problems on my DVD Player (actually its a recorder to split hairs). Perhaps you should try it on a friends Player or get it changed? Possibly bad luck.

I did notice two loud pops on the Making Of, I rewound and replayed and they were still there. When I get chance I'll replay and see if I can note the exact time. One was very loud and I first thought it was static through the speakers or someone flicking a switch in the house, sometimes happens!

Gra.

• Elders (Admins)

Despite the obvious 'one-sidedness' I think it was daft to say S2 was despised by its fans or whatever. Look at the poll here and you'll see S2 is the favourite. A similar and larger poll run for years by MDUK also showed S2 as a clear winner. I don't want to get into any debate of which season is best, there's other topics for that but its interesting to note the general attitude on the DVD!