Season Two Arrived This Morning!

Rate this topic

Guest StevenmTaylor

Graham; Thanks for your responses to both of my posts. It's nice to come on here and see that there are other UK fans.

Dust; The problems you describe are the same ones I mentioned earlier in the thread. I can play the episodes but it's a pain in the arse to get to them :cry:

Se7en; Perhaps my early, online Millennium experiences were less wide-ranging than yours. I was a regular visitor to the Compendium website, M2000, The Unknown Superiors and recieved The Millennial Comet. All of these strongly gave the impression that season 2 was popular at the time. I've read many of your posts with interest and although I don't share all of your opinions, I do respect them and (as I've said elsewhere) I do like season 3 very much.

On a final note, I do think it's intersting that the great Chip Johannessen has always been one of the more vocal critics of Morgan and Wong. And yet to me, if one episode encapsulates what season 2 was really about, it would have to be Luminary....

Cheers,

Steve.

Edited by StevenmTaylor

• Elders (Moderators)

I think both Steve and Se7en make good points and I guess gauging fan levels is probably impossible because there are so many variations and so many different experiences. As a late-comer to being focussed about Millennium I'm not aware of what MM fandom was like back then, so I wasn't really influenced by fan reaction at the time. I've tended to the view (based on the X-Files and Millennium) that M&W are incredibly good writers, but not necessarily good for other people's shows. They have an amazing vision and can carry an arc over a season very successfully. I just get the feeling that they are so good and so focussed on what they do, they end up writing their own show rather than what the show was originally supposed to be. If the showrunner changes, there will almost inevitably be a difference, especially when the running of show is handed over to such a talented duo. Whether that difference is a good one or not, becomes much more of a subjective perception, depending on whether people like the changes or not. But, even if I didn't like some of things that M&W did, that doesn't detract from my respect for their talent.

And, a very significant fact: MM 2 and 3 were not shown in some countries, or shown at ridiculous times, so the fan base would have dropped anyway because of that. That's where it becomes almost impossible to examine closely the decrease in number of viewers/fans, simply because Fox/local TV moved the goalposts. All we really have is our own individual experiences, and I, for one, couldn't honestly decide which season(s) I prefer since I can see amazing and terrible work in all three.

My DVDs are likely to arrive tomorrow. I am only working one day this week - and what day is that? Yup, tomorrow. So probably the postie will have to take the parcel back and I'll have to arrange for it to be re-delivered. Which might not be till Saturday. Oh, I'm going to cry. :cry:

If I have any problems with any of the discs, I'll post here. Seeing that some people have had problems, it might be useful to collect up all those problems, so Gra can decide whether it would be a good idea to let his contact at FoxUK know.

Guest edouardvertigo
I do think the crew should have made a better effort to engage with what M+W were trying to do rather than adopting tactics ranging from sideways digs to outright criticism. It basically can be summed up as: 'You've bought Season Two... sorry'.

I would be glad to know who, from the crew, made such a bad statement on the second season. Clearly, Erin Maher and Kay Reindl are not part of this "making of". Are they ?

• Elders (Moderators)
My DVDs are likely to arrive tomorrow. I am only working one day this week - and what day is that? Yup, tomorrow. So probably the postie will have to take the parcel back and I'll have to arrange for it to be re-delivered. Which might not be till Saturday. Oh, I'm going to cry.  :cry:

Following up to myself - yes, I know it's bad form in some areas, so sue me! :bigsmile:

Just wanted to relate this little story: Well, I was walking back from work around lunchtime, and going down the street that's around the corner from where I live and I see a post van just pulling up. Of course, I was hoping that he had a delivery for me, but didn't count on it as he'd parked on the side street. As I turned the corner I saw why he didn't drive down my street, because it was blocked by another delivery van. Well, still can't be for me, can it? As I walked round the corner, he had got out of his van and was walking in the same direction just behind me. I stayed cool, and walked into my house. I quickly checked out of the window, but there was no sign of him. Sigh. Just then he walked back down the street onto my driveway and I quickly go to the front door, trying to maintain some kind of decorum. I think he had trouble finding the house (the house numbers on my street don't run the way most do) and anyway he was a wearing a jacket with the name of a temp agency on rather than a Royal Mail one, hence his confusion. I decided not to whoop with joy, fling my arms around him and kiss him - since the poor guy was already confused I didn't want to add terror and fear of strange middle-aged women to his day! :rofl:

(I'm in a happy mood - you can tell, can't you?)

• Elders (Admins)

Glad you got your discs Libby! I was thinking of you when jotting down notes whilst watching the "Making Of Season 2" - hoping you would be doing a transcript! By the way, if you want to include the the DVD transcripts here for reference that would be really cool - I'd be more than happy to pin them.

• Elders (Moderators)

Cookyman, have you checked the status of your order at Amazon. Some while ago I ordered a couple of books (one of them the latest Terry Pratchett[1]) and everybody else has got theirs, but not me. When I checked I saw that I had requested both to be delivered together, and the second book isn't published yet. So last night I changed that to "send separately" and got an email back to say it should be delivered on Mon/Tues. Maybe this is why your MM DVDs haven't arrived?

Or maybe Royal Mail have lost their map and can't remember where Scotland is. :cry:

[1] "Going Postal" - appropriate?