Phantom is a new movie inspired by true events of a Soviet nuclear sub that ends up going missing during the height of the cold War in the late 1960s. Phantom follows a Soviet Union submarine commander Demi played by Ed Harris who is commanded by his superior Admiral Markkov (Lance Henrikson in a two scene part) to take on a covert mission in the first sub he commanded (where he has nightmares about a tragic training exercise in that sub which resulted in a loss of some crew). The sub is out to test some equipment that is able to disguise subs as any size of ship. The head of the mission to test the equipment is Bruni (David Duchovny) who belongs to very radical part of the KGB. Demi and his crew start to question Bruni's mission as it could cause a war.

Trailer:

I saw the movie Friday. It was an OK way to waste 100 minutes in a thriller which has some solid actors in it with a story that could have benefited with better direction from writer/director Todd Robinson to heighten up the tension and suspense, but they did a smart move of the actors not trying to having Russian accents. Too bad Lance and David din't share a scene in the movie. Still it is a solid movie to catch on DVD and Blu-ray when it leaves theaters.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always so nice to see you visit David. Exactly where in the universe is Earth T-225?

The movie was just released at the theater on the 1st, and I'm one of those that has to wait till I can download it. I don't like going to the theater alone and honestly, it's too expensive to go. I am looking forward to seeing it though, and appreciate your review.

Yes, it is a bummer the Lance and David didn't have a scene together. You kinda assume they will. Wow, there's a woman in the credits. LOL

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

the women are only in the beginning scenes when the sub crew is ashore. They basically figure in four scenes- the sub crew having a party with the girls, the other is a wedding scene, and a couple of scenes with the wife and daughter of the character Ed Harris plays.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

It's okay either way with me because some of the best movies were mostly either all men or all women. I like all men. LOL

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Phantom is a new movie inspired by true events of a Soviet nuclear sub that ends up going missing during the height of the cold War in the late 1960s. Phantom follows a Soviet Union submarine commander Demi played by Ed Harris who is commanded by his superior Admiral Markkov (Lance Henrikson in a two scene part) to take on a covert mission in the first sub he commanded (where he has nightmares about a tragic training exercise in that sub which resulted in a loss of some crew). The sub is out to test some equipment that is able to disguise subs as any size of ship. The head of the mission to test the equipment is Bruni (David Duchovny) who belongs to very radical part of the KGB. Demi and his crew start to question Bruni's mission as it could cause a war.

Trailer:

I saw the movie Friday. It was an OK way to waste 100 minutes in a thriller which has some solid actors in it with a story that could have benefited with better direction from writer/director Todd Robinson to heighten up the tension and suspense, but they did a smart move of the actors not trying to having Russian accents. Too bad Lance and David din't share a scene in the movie. Still it is a solid movie to catch on DVD and Blu-ray when it leaves theaters.

BEER---> Just saw Lance in an older movie with Johnny Depp called 'Deadman'. Strange movie and yes Lance died in it. Does Lance survive in 'Phantom'?

BELCH

• 3 months later...

I still haven't seen it and can't find it anywhere to download or watch it. Oh well. Maybe soon. It sure looks good.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Finally watched Phantom, and it was surprisingly good. As much as I dislike having to read subtitles, it would have been a much more believable movie if it had been in Russian. Accents never work, and the actors speaking English took away from the reality of the story.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Phantom is out on DVD and Blu-ray on Tuesday in the USA. heads up for those who haven't seen it