New Gillian Anderson interview in Readers Digest

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

Hi

Yesterday I noticed a front cover image of Gillian Anderson on a copy of Reader's Digest. Not something I normally read but the copy is here in the B&B where I'm staying. She talks about her new role in The Fall, coming to BBC this month apparently and about her relationships.

https://www.readersdigest.co.uk/readers-digest-main/gillian-anderson-profile

Graham

• Elders (Moderators)

I suppose she couldn't really continue the red-head look as that's quintessentially Scully. I think her face looks thinner and longer than her Scully days, but that may be the effect of her hair being very long. I like her period-drama look, with her hair up in those complicated hair-dos that the upper-class went for in those days. She certainly gets the deportment right for the costumes.

I also like that she presents herself as her, even though she seems to be such a mixture of serious and "ditzy", rather than the standard kind of polished/Hollywood performance that's usually the case when stars give interviews.

• Like 1