Honestly, they say it's the biggest one that has ever come through the state that had 3 tornadoes in it, and the first one to go right through downtown Oklahoma City. I hear there are 9 dead counted so far, and 24 dead from the previous tornado that touched down in Moore. This new storm went right over the same place. Also, the flooding has been overwhelming. Some places got 8-11 inches in just 12 hours. At one point it was heading straight for my youngest son's home so they had to leave. Half of the house got flooded. My older son was heading away from the storm, then it changed direction and started heading right towards him so he had to try and out run it and change his direction to drive away from it, which he finally did. With Interstates jammed and stopped, he had to take all the side roads. It was sad to hear that many of my kids friends lost their home. So far all of my friends are accounted for and their homes are safe. One tornado was a mile wide.

They said the interstates were like parking lots. First the weather people said to flee certain areas, and then the direction of the storm changed, and then they told them to stay home. It created a horrible mess on the highways. The first casualty was a mother and child fleeing their car, which is not a safe place to be in. I personally feel people should stay put and seek shelter so the emergency and first responders have room to work. Some of them got caught in it and stuck as well. One Weather Channel car got totaled.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pictures+of+oklahoma+storm+2013&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=KXWrUYi5OemciAK08IDoAg&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1202&bih=901

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't get me started on HAARP. How I wish we had a voice in stopping them. There just isn't enough people aware, and some of those that are don't spread the word.

• Elders (Admins)

That sounds absolutely terrifying, Darlene. I had heard about people being trapped on the highways and couldn't understand why they were there, but I guess anxiety levels must be high so if the weather people say to get away then that's what people will do.

But, what do I know? Although we do have tornadoes in the UK, they're very tiny ones, and don't last for very long, and mostly go unnoticed. I can't imagine what it must be like to be living with the threat of such severe and unpredictable weather.

I feel so very sad for those who have lost loved ones and those who have lost their homes.

But I'm very relieved that you're safe.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

Thanks Libby. I am so thankful my kids are safe as well. A little flooding can be dealt with, but losing your entire home or a loved one is horrifying.

I've lived here since the mid 70's and have never really felt threatened until about the last 10 years, and I personally blame the extreme and violent weather that we are seeing, and that's everywhere, not just in Oklahoma, on the chemicals that are being sprayed into the atmosphere. Eventually, after all the years they have been spraying, it's going to have an affect on the climate, and not a good one.

Lots of people get trapped because they are passing through and don't know any better. And of course, just as I said above, first they are told to leave, then they are told to stay home. The weather people really messed up this time. Being in the center of the country, Oklahoma has at least three major interstates, I-35, I-40, and I-44, which is Route 66. We now have a I-235. Every one of them was a parking lot.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

Don't get me started on HAARP. How I wish we had a voice in stopping them. There just isn't enough people aware, and some of those that are don't spread the word.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

People have been shouting out about Haarp and chemtrails and other things for many years. I know I first heard about it in the mid 90's, when I first got online.

It's like fracking and GMO's and other things that harm us or the planet. no one seems to be paying attention.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

The average public is to busy with self to concern themselves with things going on that could affect the future of their planet and especially their children. They say they care, but live in some state of denial. Yes, they have been spraying for many years, and all over the world. The media doesn't talk about it, probably because they are told not to. They have in the past in a few areas, but nothing has been said since then. I've posted some videos on a separate forum, and think I actually titled it "Chemtrails." There's also the video documentaries, "What In the World Are They Spraying" and Why in the World.... You can call any news desk and they act ignorant of chemtrails like they've never heard of them before. HAARP's cover-up is even worse, especially since they justify themselves so well on their website. Since HAARP has been shooting rays into the atmosphere we've had more violent weather world-wide then ever before in history. Sure there's "natural" disasters, since the planet itself is constantly changing, but the past 10-20 years it has become more extreme.

Basically, the "Elite" the "World Powers" want to kill off the majority of the public for better control of who remains. And it's coming from every direction, the air, the water, our food, and the public's need for prescription drugs, a multi-ga-zillion dollar business, and the list goes on.

Sorry about being so long winded, but these subjects ruffle my feathers.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)