http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1117671683/harbinger-down-a-practical-creature-fx-film?ref=live

There is an interesting horror movie trying to get $350,000 funded on kickstarter for a horror film that will have Lance Henrikson in the cast and the film only feature practical effects (no CGI). they are $128,000 US away from being funded with 65 hours to go. Go check it out, support it if you want, and spread the word.

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a fan-based movie and why they are asking for donations? I thought the movie industry had plenty of money to produce a movie without having to ask the fans to contribute. I must be missing part of the picture here. Sorry.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

This is a movie funded by the effects studio and fans since the movie industry takes forever to make new films as they continue to shun practical effects in favor of visual effects. This project isn't funded by a Hollywood studio. This is a project for the fans of practical effects horror movies

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

This is a movie funded by the effects studio and fans since the movie industry takes forever to make new films as they continue to shun practical effects in favor of visual effects. This project isn't funded by a Hollywood studio. This is a project for the fans of practical effects horror movies

Okay, thanks.gif for clearing that up. Hopefully for others as well. I'd hate to think I was the only one that didn't understand. whistling.gif

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

this seems to be a new trend for independent films to get made by-passing the hollywood snub and butt kissing that can take years. I have seen several of these on FB.

you can pick your friends... you can pick your nose .... but you can NEVER pick your friend's nose !!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

• 2 years later...

BEER----> Looks good. What's the release date?

BELCH

EARTH----> According to IMDb, August 7, 2015.

NUT

Thanks for posting Mr. Belch, you are so much fun to follow.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)