Richard Ramirez ("Night Stalker") has died

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I thought he had died a long time ago. He was convicted in 1989 and sentenced to death, but the protracted legal system meant that he was never executed. Instead, he died today from liver failure.

I'm against the death penalty on philosophical grounds. But I wish states such as California would do away with the death penalty altogether, at least on financial grounds. A lot of tax-payers dollars get wasted on appeals by evil people like him. It would be much cheaper to just lock them up for life. Which is what happened here, anyway.

He was one for the books. He thought he suffered from porphyria and that the unlocked doors were willing victims giving themselves up to his need for blood. Odd how he died from liver failure though, Actual porphyria sometimes has an underlying liver cause.

In Metaphysical healing they state that the liver is the seat of anger and primitive emotions, with the only remedy being "compassion." Considering all that he did, I doubt if he had any, especially since he claimed to be the right hand man of Satan.

• 2 weeks later...