Luminary ~ What was Frank thinking about?

Rate this topic

post-3933-0-23486700-1370883626_thumb.jp

Came across this image in my MLM folder and for a moment stared at it wondering what Frank was thinking at that time. Then poof, I thought it would make a great discussion. I think I'm going to watch the episode again before I give an answer.

Maybe we should also add, "What would YOU be thinking about?"

Isn't this at the end after the plane leaves? I know Frank is thinking, All in a days work. I on the other hand would be thinking my ride just left and I was hoping to be home for supper.

Was going to try and watch the episode again today and see if I could imagine what he would be thinking. I don't blame him for wanting to stay. Besides being beautiful there, he no longer had any pulls from other people, and that had to have been a relief.

There's a possibility Frank wasn't thinking anything at that moment, just enjoying the peace, quiet, and the awesome view.

But for fun, let's throw out some guesses as to some actual Frank thoughts at that moment. Without watching the episode again, which I intend to do, maybe he was thinking of Catherine and Jordan, his only anchor of joy in the material world, and wishing they were there with him.

He was not thinking. He was escaping the thinking, and just being. The images, the worry, the horror, all left behind. He was living the moment that Alex Ventoux ( if I remember the name right) had, the call of simplicity and renaissance, but not in words, just in being.

• Like 1

He was not thinking. He was escaping the thinking, and just being. The images, the worry, the horror, all left behind. He was living the moment that Alex Ventoux ( if I remember the name right) had, the call of simplicity and renaissance, but not in words, just in being.

Whoa; very insightful. I think you are spot on!

I agree, excellent answer.

• 2 months later...