Chris Carter is developing a new series for AMC

Rate this topic

Guest Laurent.

Guest Laurent.

In addition to 'The After' for Amazon, Chris Carter may have yet another new series on his plate. This is good news, unlike Amazon, AMC has a good track record. Oh, and the theme of the series sound very exciting.

https://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/08/the-x-files-chris-carter-is-developing-a-new-series-for-amc/

Spotnitz will be working on a british series, but maybe other 1013 alumni will be available to give him a hand (Vince Gilligan?).

• Elders (Moderators)

I liked this:

Oh, please, please, please, let it be a series that suggests that cable news networks are run by aliens. PLEASE. It’s the only explanation.

It's interesting that CC took a long time off the Hollywood treadmill and did his own things. I think there's always been a bit of a maverick/rebel streak in him.

I will be looking out for this series, along with any of his other work, even though I've really gone off TV drama for a long time. I think Millennium (or, rather, the non-supernatural episodes) set the bar too high for me.

• Elders (Moderators)

I think the problem I have with "drama" is that too often it's "melodramatic". Also that I've become very focussed on "real" stuff, e.g. history, science, which does have a lot of "drama" but it's about real people and situations.

I did watch "Broadchurch", which I found compelling, because so much of the drama was low-key, the actors weren't "pretty", and the filming seemed understated. It did remind me of aspects of Millennium where the subject matter, which is in itself dramatic, needed a very delicate touch to make it seem believable. There was an interview or commentary or somesuch, I think about MM, which was about the camera movement or angle needing to serve the story, and not about how clever the film-makers could be. I have tried watching other drama series, but just couldn't get engaged - the recent Gillian Anderson one, for example, was just too gratuitous in showing the violence.

Evil/violent/scary things do happen to people, but I can't seem to get engaged with a TV/movie story if I don't get enough sense of the "realness".

But, maybe it's just me turning into a boring old curmudgeon.

• 5 months later...

That's great to see some positive comments about the Pilot, I was waiting to see what Millennium fans would say. I agree Beer, there's definite room for improvement.

I think I can finally start to reveal this, but we are in the middle of having our own Interview / Q&A with Chris Carter about "The After" via e-mail, so it's a slow going process getting it realized. But we will keep people here posted when it's up.