Franks brother(s)?

Rate this topic

seesthru

In season 1 and season 2, we get the info that Frank has 1 brother, a younger brother. Thomas. But in Season 3 he tells Emma a story about a drowning. In that story he states a kid pushed him under and one of his brothers didn't like that so they pushed the kid under and the kid never came back up. Was this mentioned before or caught? Maybe Franks Dad was married more than once?

Guest Sinestro

To me it was an oversight that never got retconned due to the show being cancelled before they had anther story with the Black brothers.

It is weird. In season 2 you see the obituary for his mother, that states she is survived by her husband and 2 sons. But he tells Emma the story about brothers, plural. IN season 2 his brother is younger, and in season 3 the brother that dunked the bully was older. I guess they could have fixed it by stating the brother died before the mother or something like that. Too bad the show was cancelled. I really really liked it.

Yes, maybe they had fixed it in a season 4, there was so much other stuff to tell and i think they could bring back Peter Watts too-

there is a possibility maybe they thought it too because you didn´t know if it´s really him.

I hope they do the movie and fix it because i don´t like the x-files episode anyway,

for me it´s over after last episode of season 3 -

the only good thing about the x-file episode was to see Lance and Brittany reunited as father and daughter.

• Elders (Moderators)

I really don't understand how the writers can get confused about the basics of their main character. There's even confusion about Frank's year of birth.

I do understand that writers often start with an idea for a great story, and maybe aren't that interested in the minutiae, but they should never underestimate the fans' intelligence.

Frank Spotnitz said that they all thought a MM/XF crossover was a great idea, got approval from the studio/network to sign up Lance and Britanny, but when they came to actually write the episode they realised they'd set themselves an almost impossible task, but it was too late to change their minds.

@caleb

I think the x-file episode got his good moments but for me it don´t fit.

Mulder, Scully and Frank ? It was a little bit like a comedy...especially that scene with Mulder in the cellar- can´t get out-

waiting there and the zombies hidden somewhere in the cellar and Frank shot one by one - i have to laugh.

As an x-file episode it was good but as an Millennium Group final it was bad and too short.

Maybe we could open a new topic on this laugh.gif