• Elders (Admins)

My daughter and son-in-law are expecting a baby. It's a boy, and the expected due date is early January. He's the first grandchild for both families.

I'm going to be a grandmother! biggrin.gifkicking.giffool.gifbanana.gif

(Both families have known for ages, but Debbie and Jonny asked us all to keep quiet about the pregnancy until Debbie had informed her employers. It's all to do with employment law and maternity leave - rather complicated and I don't understand it all - but basically the "embargo" on the news was all about protecting Debbie's job.)

• Like 1

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baby was born early hours of this morning, by c-section because he was becoming distressed. They're all fine, though exhausted.

Thanks, both of you. Everyone seems to be doing ok - which is good, considering this was a bit of a rollercoaster Christmas! Debbie and baby will be in hospital until tomorrow. The post-natal care

Jonny's posted one photo on his Facebook account, which I think you can get to via my account, but if not, here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.morris.1690 And here's another photo:

Posted Images

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, Simon.

That's a lovely saying.

Libby

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." Terry Pratchett

• Elders (Admins)

Thanks, Randee.

I have to admit I'm a bit anxious about my grandmotherly duties. It's been a very long time since I've even held a tiny baby, so I feel like it's a steep re-learning curve - but I guess being able to recall which end is which is a good start. wink.gif

Libby

• Elders (Admins)

Congratulations Libby, you will make an amazing grandparent!

Millennium - This Is Who We Are

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community staff and autohides content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.
  • Elders (Admins)

Thanks, seethru. With all the sad news that's around these days, it's nice to share something good.

Graham: Thanks. I hope so. I'm sure it won't take too long to get back up to speed with my Lego-building skills. biggrin.gif

Libby