Angels And Demons

Rate this topic

Guest Regan MacNeil

Guest Regan MacNeil

I have a few questions about angel and demon names used in Millennium, especially in Powers, Principalities...

"By Uriel and by Raziel...powers, principalities, thrones and dominions...I bind and command you, stand. I, Sammael, bound by his will...command you--depart."

1. First of all, who exactly is Sammael? I was watching Special Victim's Unit last night and they said Sammael was Lucifer's name before he was cast out of heaven.

2. Who is Legion. I know in the Bible, Mark 5 if I remember right, Jesus asks a possessed man his name and he answers "Legion, for we are many". I took that to mean the man had several demons living inside him, but is Legion also a particular demon's name?

3. Who are Uriel and Raziel? This question is not as important as the first two.

Sammeal is the Angel of Death according to the Bible

Legion means measurement of depth, or my fav. measurement of demons. In other words Lucifer is Legion because he represents all demons...they are a family.

I think Uriel and Raziel are Angels but i dont recall them

Guest Seraphim

Sammael (Poison of God is one translation) is sometimes said (Rabbinic lore) to be an angel of punishment or death. He is often equated as being the Satan or a prince of hell. In Gnosticism, Sammael is another name for Ialdaboath/Yahweh/The Demiurge. Who is the creator god. He was born from the feminine Aeon Sophia (Or from the masculine Aeon Logos) and created heaven, the material universe, and man. He was ignorant and proclaimed himself to be the true God. The God of the Old Testament is Ialdaboath. He put man in a body to imprison him and denied him knowledge. But Sophia, through the serpent, liberated man from the control of Ialdaboath and the other Archons (Heavenly Rulers) by granting him Gnosis (knowledge). Christ is from the true God and the Pleoroma (The archetypal divine universe), and came to teach man the truth and the way to escape the material world. Rebirth occurs during life, the second death is death of the body.

Had to edit the post as I forgot to address Legion.

Legion, essentially is a group of demons. The demon identified itself to Christ as such, because it was a collective of several demons merged into one.

Samael is never mentioned in the canonical Bible. Only 2 are... Michael (Who is as God, and my name =P) and Gabriel (God is My Strength). Raphael (God Has Healed) is in the apocryphal Book of Tobit. Uriel (Fire of God) is a great angel, usually listed with the other 3 I mentioned, as being the most powerful angels. He is usally a Seraphim or Cherubim in most sources. He is said to be the angel in Genesis who guarded Eden after the expulsion of Adam and Eve. He is considered a Saint by the Catholic Church. He is said to be the one who gave the Kabbalah to man. He is equated with many of the un-named angels in the bible.

Raziel (mystery of God) is a angel popular in Occultism. He represents divine wisdom. There is a book, one part religious narrative and one part grimoire (Spell book and source for the word grammar), called Sepher Raziel (Rezial) Hamalach, The Book of The Angel Raziel, that is supossed to be the first book ever written. It was dictated by God and written and delivered to Adam by Raziel. I actually have a copy of it. It's very interesting.

Power, Principlaities, Thrones, and Dominions are 4 orders of angels. The most common list of orders are the 4 above as well as Seraphim, Cherubim, Angel, Archangels, and Virtues. Ah, I could go on and on about this subject XD

Edited by Seraphim

Guest Seraphim

I am a theology student afterall =P I love angelology and demonology. I didn't pick Seraphim as a username for nothing. ^_^

Edited by Seraphim

Thank you for that! I realy enjoyed reading that.

Now, if I may..........

There was an episode of The X Files in which a Seraphim is mentioned, as well as "an angel...with 4 faces. That of a Man, an Eagle, a Lion and a Bull." That always fasinated me.....and then, a few months ago, I asked for a reading on-line in a group I was in, and was told I had 3 animal spirits watching over me. "An Eagle, a Lion, and a Bull." It didn't register in my head untill a few hours later, when I turned on The X Files and they just happened to be showing that VERY EPISODE! Do you have any more information on this?

Guest Seraphim

At various points in the bible and aprocryphal works Seraphs, most angels actually, are said to posess 4 faces. Usually a man, bull, lion, and eagle. Revelation describes the four living creatures who sign praise to the lamb. The assyrians believed in angels as well. Karibu (Lamassu) are Holy beings that protect against demons. Some has the body of a lion or bull, head of a man, and wings of an eagle. They, like Cherubs, guard holy places. Bull and lion headed creatures are also common in Assyrian myth and architecture.

..........ah, well, that explains it then doesn't it? I didn't know you were a theology student. If i may ask, how many years of study does that entail?

~se7en :ouro:

POST #1991

....Denise and i were we married on Sept. 7th, 1991 in the HUGE backyard of my grandparent's colonial country house. It was a beautiful but god-aweful-hot day!

Guest Seraphim

A Bachelor's is 3 to 4 years and a Masters 4 to 5. I am going for a masters at the moment. I eventually want a PHD, though.

I have watched the first two Prophecy films and liked both. I need to rent the third. I know there was a fourth in production, I haven't herad anything about it recently though.

.....i enjoyed those movies very much myself, especially the great Christopher Walken. My understanding was that it was a planned-(all along?)- trilogy and that's why Walken stayed and even produced the final two installments. If there is a fourth i can almost promise that Walken will have nothing to do with it which, IMO, probably means it'll be garbage. I loved all three, personally!

~se7en :ouro: